Accessing logs for past games

Previous topic - Next topic

jmjm

Sometimes, game endings can be quick and confusing.  Other times, I just want to go back and review previous games to learn from my mistakes.

Is there a way to get access to the logs of previously played games?

On a related note: since games now seem to be gaining a following on twitch.io, maybe an "instant replay" feature might be useful for promoting the game and getting more visibility on the internet.

jsh

1. Get a game ID
2. Open a new table
3. Choose "Load old game"
4. Enter the id and Add a Bot
5. Click ready
6. You can enter earlier decision points and replay from anywhere if you like.

JW

Quote from: jsh on 24 August 2017, 02:00:37 PM
1. Get a game ID
2. Open a new table
5. Click ready

And note that if you aren't a paid subscriber then the only games you will be able to reload in this way are ones with only base set cards.

abarn

Is there a way to get game #'s for games already completed? Just played my tournament match and forgot to write down the #s!

Thanks!

jmjm

Quote from: abarn on 23 September 2017, 07:25:17 PM
Is there a way to get game #'s for games already completed? Just played my tournament match and forgot to write down the #s!

Bump!  This would be great.

jmjm

Alas, I'm having a hard time getting this to work as described:

1. Get a game ID
2. Open a new table
5. Click ready

As soon as I click "ready" (step 5) the game starts and immediately ends, flushing the logs again. Is there a trick to entering at an earlier decision point so this doesn't happen? There's no way to pound the "undo" button fast enough.

markus

Quote from: jmjm on 23 September 2017, 08:46:02 PM

1. Get a game ID
2. Open a new table
5. Click ready

As soon as I click "ready" (step 5) the game starts and immediately ends, flushing the logs again. Is there a trick to entering at an earlier decision point so this doesn't happen? There's no way to pound the "undo" button fast enough.

You can either pick an earlier decision point, or make sure that you're playing the player who ended the original game to prevent the bot from ending it.

To look up the game number you can go to http://dominion.lauxnet.com/scavenger/ and enter your username. It will show all your rated 2-player games.

Mic Qsenoch

Quote from: jmjm on 23 September 2017, 08:46:02 PM

1. Get a game ID
2. Open a new table
5. Click ready

So if the bot is last player they will finish the turn super fast and the game will end immediately (if a human player is last it's not an issue).

After Step 4 the "Decision" number is set to the last decision of the game by default. If you change this to some earlier number which is before the start of the bots last turn then you will reach a point where there's a human decision and you can see the log up to that point and use "/undo" in the chat to bring up little buttons next to the log which will allow you to move to earlier points in the game if you want. How much lower "Decision" number needs to be set will depend on what the last turn looked like, so unfortunately you just have to experiment. You have to click "Load Game" again after changing the decision number.

edit: beat by markus but maybe still helpful.

Mic Qsenoch

If you want to set yourself to the last player so that the bot doesn't auto end the game, once the table is made click "Advanced Options" and then "Player Order".

Long Con

Quote from: markus on 23 September 2017, 09:21:02 PMTo look up the game number you can go to http://dominion.lauxnet.com/scavenger/ and enter your username. It will show all your rated 2-player games.
That link seems to be down.  Is there another way to see the game number for past games?

Ingix

Yes, unfortunately lauxnet.com is down since quite some time (and it doesn't seem it will come back up any time soon).

Much more functionality is available via a Bot on Discord: https://discord.gg/TQhTVB2

Discord is a general chat (and voice) communication platform that many games and their users are using to communicate. The link above sends you to a Discord server (=community) that has many players discuss all aspects of Dominion, on- or offline. Discord works in a browser or desktop and mobile apps. You need to make a free account, then join servers by clicking invite links, like the above.

Disord allows some automation, and user Cave-O-Sapien made "Dombot", a software that can access the player and games database of Dominion Online and show you your latest 20 rated games, among other things, when you give it some text commands.

If you open a private chat with Dombot, it will respond to commands starting with a "!". "!help" is a good start for an overview, getting your own prior rated games would be "!prior <your account name>" (that lists 5 games). If I want to get my last 20 rated games, for example, I'd have to type in "!prior Ingix -n 20".