game freezes, w/o loosing connection. Rejoin --> lost game; oponent "unknown"

Previous topic - Next topic

jamind

Hey,
i playes like 20 games each of the last few days and the situation in the subject happened like min. 6 times to me.

normal game, sometimes rly long games,  in my opinion often when i was in a clear lead, suddenly the game doesnt go on, after i finished my turn; i cant write in chat... i ddidnt loose my connection. when i restart dominion in browser. there stands game is lost. and opponent is named "unknown"nr123..."

What is that? please help to clearlyfy that.

If you need any further info. i will give you.

cheers

Ingix

Jamind, can you gave an approximate time span from the time your game becomes unresponsive to the time when you restart dominion? And how do you know that you haven't lost your connection?

jamind

hey
time span: about 30 secs. till restart, when i loose connection and i restart dominion i can reeenter the game.

when i loose connection i cant reenter dominion.

cheers

Ingix

Thanks for the answer. The 30s time span rules out that your opponent could make you resign because you were absent for to long. The "Unknown_<nr>" is an indicator that something about the game management went wrong, because the screen name of your opponent (who is internally represented by a number) could not be found.

At the time you made this posting, version 1.2.13.1 was out 2 days, where a simple disconnect should not have these consequences. Unfortunately, I have run out of ideas on what could have happened,  :(

jamind

ty for your answer :)

wait it only takes 30 seconds to make opponent resign? thaught it was way longer (2 min. maybe?)

cheers

Ingix

It's 4 min. That's why a 30s disconnect (even with a margin of error) cannot have given your opponent the option to resign you.

yed

Your opponent may resigned at the same time you reloaded the page.

Ingix

@yed: But if his opponent resigned, why is the game shown as lost for the jamind?