Dominion online log prettifier

Previous topic - Next topic

E.Honda

On the dominion.games site there has been the issue, for me at least and I believe for others too, that when you copy/paste the game log from the browser (firefox in my case) to a text file you get something like this:

Turn 1 - E.Honda
E
plays 4 Coppers
E
buys and gains a Black Market
E
draws 3 Coppers
and 2 Estates

If you want to post parts of a gamelog to a thread, you can manually repair that, but if you want to copy/paste a long portion of gamelog this can be a bit of a pain. I had some spare time last week, so I decided to write a tool that does the work of repairing the log for you. It is nothing spectacular, but if you would like to see, use and/or work on it I published it on github:

https://github.com/ehonda/dominion_online_log_prettifier

For those of you that just want to use and not compile it themselves, I also uploaded the executable to dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8tvlmdsmoigfr0/log_prettifier_app.zip?dl=0

You should of course always be careful running executables you downloaded from a random source on the web. I promise this is the executable built from the source files linked above, but if you want to make sure you have to build it yourself of course :) I can hower at least provide you with the SHA256 hash of "log_prettifier_app.zip" and the files contained within, so you can at least be sure those are the ones I provided when you download them:

File Hash
log_prettifier_app.zip BF5D9CBE7D89616BAB7A2572A9E562EB30983A554A1A750C04F132E10C87675A
logprettifier.exe 66FD22F88B506CB5D7D4B8D1ACC3B3AC0EC24A9D7292C7BA9EDE976C4041AC1B
README.txt         4BFC7E7915824DF8972F4B6ACBD014A48BC0F4CC39B739331CFB878369707D0F

The tool can be used via the console, like so:

logprettifier c:/dominion_logs/malformatted_log.txt

which will take the provided textfile and repair it. For more detailed instructions on how to use the tool, see the provided readme. Please send me a message if you find a bug, there might still be some arcane usernames messing with the tool (since I am not really sure what makes a legal username on dominion.games). You can of course also provide fixes yourself for any bugs you find on github. I hope this tool will be of use and save some time for some of you, making it unnecessary to manually repair copy/pasted logs :)