Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Friends-only tables?  (Read 390 times)

Offline DanielVanciae

• View Profile
Friends-only tables?
« on: 03 September 2017, 08:48:28 PM »
What I would like most is the option to challenge friends directly, or at least to make tables friends-only (the option already exists to limit spectators to friends, so adding the latter option does not seem too difficult).  I find it tiresome to have to keep typing "Friends only, please," and kicking people, and I doubt that the other players enjoy being kicked.

It is, of course, possible that most of the community may actually think that even having this option is undesirable, as competitive, rated play would seem to mean that players should be willing to play anyone close enough to their own rating.  My personal preference is for a friendly game and a pleasant chat, and not to care too much about ratings except possibly as an opportunity to learn from better players, but others almost certainly disagree.  If the reason this option hasn't been implemented is that ShuffleIT doesn't actually consider it desirable, please let me know.  I do very much appreciate their willingness to listen to user requests and suggestions.

Offline WhiteRabbit1981

• View Profile
Re: Friends-only tables?
« Reply #1 on: 04 September 2017, 12:39:54 AM »
I would like the option "friends only", but only for practice games.
In the past, i suggested that you can name your tables (like "Fun4Friends" or "AllCards+BlackMarket") and to make them private. But having a "friends only" table seems to be an even better idea - no need to communicate a password anymore :-)

Offline Cave-O-Sapien

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 September 2017, 08:53:58 AM »
Yes, please.

Offline blamelewis

• Trying to get the hang of Thursdays
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 September 2017, 12:05:41 PM »
I'd like this too...

Offline 7string

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 September 2017, 10:29:27 PM »
Absolutely!  I totally agree with this.  I should be able to quickly and easily create a game for family and friends only.  It is extremely annoying to start creating a table only to have people start joining it before I am even ready to play, and when I really am setting it up just to play with a friend or family member.

The combination of lack of this ability with no lobbies (plus poor AI for bots, and lack of campaigns to practice in) has me playing less and less of Dominion online.  I personally don't really care much for playing random strangers.  For all the problems with Goko, I could at least browse through their lobbies, and often eventually find someone I knew or had played with before.  For me this was a far better experience than the random matching process.

Offline tufftaeh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 September 2017, 12:31:07 AM »
Have you tried to set "Min relative rating" and "Max relative rating" both to zero in the "Advanced Options" after creating a new table? For me, that works fine and only my friends can join as players.

Offline DanielVanciae

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 September 2017, 04:42:23 PM »

Thank you!  That does seem to work, and I certainly never would have guessed that it would.  Of course, *inviting* your friends is still a problem, but that's a lot less annoying than having to kick people repeatedly.  Thank you again