Making it easier to notice debt and coin tokens

Previous topic - Next topic

Hertz Doughnut

Hertz Doughnut:  here's a question... why isn't debt in the middle next to "1 action, 2 Buys, $6"
Seprix:  Because you don't pay with debt
Hertz Doughnut:  so easy to miss it in the lower left corner
Seprix:  But yeah it could be on the very rght corner
Seprix:  of the bar
Hertz Doughnut:  yeah
Seprix:  good idea, post it in suggestions
Hertz Doughnut:  also, coin tokens... same thing

[edit: I think it should be in the middle bar during your turn... and the lower left corner during their turn]

JKRich

Quote from: Hertz Doughnut on 27 August 2017, 08:32:10 PM
[edit: I think it should be in the middle bar during your turn... and the lower left corner during their turn]
Let me offer a supplementary opinion. I think having "Waiting for ..." take up the 2nd line of the info box during their turn is a waste of available space that could be much better used. My suggestion would be during your turn, have actions/buys/$/coin tokens/debt/other tokens (HW,-$1,-1 card, etc.) on line 1 , with the current messages on line 2, while on others' turns have their username first letter(s): actions/buys/$/coin tokens/debt/other tokens on line 1 and on line 2 have your username first letter(s): coin tokens/debt/other tokens/indicators of reserve & duration cards (this could just be a tan/orange card-shaped icon) be the default, to be replaced by action messages (such as "Discard down to 3 cards" when Militia is played) when needed. "Waiting for..." could be used as filler when none of these things are present.

I'm sure others will offer helpful additional tweaks. but I clearly think the info box can and should eventually be used much better than it is now, and head in the direction of offering more helpful information.