News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Rogue Rant

Previous topic - Next topic

blamelewis

Hi,

I know it's my own stupid fault, but twice now I've been mislead by the text that comes up when an opponent plays a Rogue and I have two possible cards to trash.

Because it says "Trash a card from B" (the first letter of my username) and NOT something obvious like "Trash one of YOUR cards" I've mistakenly clicked on a card thinking I was trashing an opponents...

I know if I were paying more attention this wouldn't fool me but something about the way the text is just implies it's not MY card... can this be fixed? - I think it's badly phrased. Why is it

end rant!

Actually, no! While I'm on the subject I think it's easy to miss what has been trashed from your deck when it's only noted in the log - as in the case of Rogue when there's only one card to Trash. It's easy to miss as it flies past in the log. Maybe a highlight for trashes would be more noticeable?

actual end of rant(s) now :)

T.

Cave-O-Sapien

This is slightly misleading with Scrying Pool as well.

WhiteRabbit1981

Maybe the cards-to-be-trashed could get a red outline and a red cross across them to visualise it during the gameflow. You could do the same for discards with another color, lets say yellow.

In the log file itself, please add as many visual clues as possible. I'd love marquee, blink and italic text parts everywhere. Not.

blamelewis

And it's the same with Bandit, when you get a silver and gold to choose from...

Cave-O-Sapien

Just to clarify, the main complaint here is that the game sometimes refers to the player in the third-person in a way that can be confusing or at least counter-intuitive.

Correct?

blamelewis

Succinctly put, yes, and thanks.

T.