Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Game froze, can no longer login  (Read 113 times)

Offline Biggsies

• View Profile
Game froze, can no longer login
« on: 20 September 2017, 12:51:56 PM »
Hi,

Just now I was in a game in which my opponent resigned (I *think* the ID was 7032599, based on http://dominion.lauxnet.com/scavenger/?user=Biggsies&num_results=10, but I don't remember who my opponent was to confirm). After they resigned I opted to continue playing with the AI. While playing around with the AI I tried to undo, which did not seem to work. Not too bothered, I tried to end my turn (which would have also ended the game). This did not end the turn/game and left me stuck with no options to do anything except resign. I tried resigning which didn't do a whole lot, and now when I try to refresh I get stuck in the loading screen which forever says "Connected to gameserver".

If I try to log in to a different account via incognito I can log in perfectly, but logging out and trying to log into Biggsies gets me stuck again. If a game admin/mod wants to log into my account I'm guessing you'll see the same thing.

I have my tournament game scheduled for ~15 hours from now, so if someone can look into this ASAP it would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
Biggsies

Offline markus

• View Profile
Re: Game froze, can no longer login
« Reply #1 on: 20 September 2017, 01:07:01 PM »
Go to dominion.games (in a private tab in case you get automatically reconnected). Put in your username and password and click on "Kick&Resign" at the bottom of the page instead of login. This should get rid of the old game and you can log in normally afterwards.

Offline Biggsies

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 September 2017, 01:22:39 PM »
I never spotted that button before - that's done it. Thanks heaps markus!

Offline Matt Arnold

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 October 2017, 03:19:53 PM »
I'm experiencing the same issue, but clicking "Cancel & Resign" only flashes the player matching lobby, and then resumes the loading page.

It started for me when I mis-clicked on the wrong card for my first decision of the game, Lord Rattington and Revenge Witch took their first turns. I kept trying to enter "/undo 12", "/undo 13", "/undo 14", etc, to see how far I needed to go to get back to my turn. Eventually the game froze. When I refreshed the page, it was just an endless loading screen.

I hard-refreshed in case I needed a new client. That didn't help. Then I opened the site in Chrome's Incognito Mode and logged in, only to get the same issue.

Offline Matt Arnold

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 October 2017, 03:26:17 PM »
I just found a solution. After using "Cancel And Resign" on the Loading screen in Incognito mode, when I return to my main Chrome browser I am able to get to the Login screen instead of the Loading screen. Then I used "Kick And Resign" which appears at the bottom of the Login screen. From there I was able to log in and get past the Loading screen.

Offline yed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 October 2017, 11:03:11 PM »
Kick & Resign almost always works from incognito window.