Losers' Bracket Round 1 Signups (Closed)

Previous topic - Next topic

mith

This thread is for anyone who lost their Round 1 match in the main tournament. There will be separate signups for each round.

General Rules:
1. Match rules are identical to the main tournament except where noted here. (This includes subscription eligibility.)
2. Signups will occur on a per-round basis. If you lost in Round 1 of the main tournament, you will join in Round 1 of Losers' (this thread). If you lose in Round 4 of the main tournament, you will not join until Round 4 of Losers'.
3. If you have already entered Losers', you do not need to signup again to continue participation - you will advance to the next round by winning your match.
4. I will aim to send out a reminder for signups and matchups; however, it is your responsibility to sign up at the appropriate time and to schedule your match.

Scheduling:
1. The Losers' Bracket will lag approximately 72-96 hours behind the end of the corresponding main tournament round. Signups for Round 1 will close on Friday (Sep 29) at 6 UTC.
2. You should complete your match within a week of the match-ups being posted. If your opponent has not responded within 48 hours of match-up posting, please notify me.
3. If your opponent does not show up for a scheduled match (within 15 minutes grace period), please notify me as well.

Bracket Structure:
1. Each round, the top half of entries (by seed in main tournament) will be paired randomly with the bottom half. If there are an odd number of entries, the best seed remaining who has not already received a bye will advance automatically to the next round.
2. The winners in the Losers' Bracket will advance to the next round, and be joined by new signups (who were knocked out of the main tournament).

Prizes:
1. Pending approval by the organizers of the main tournament, I will offer a 3 month Gold subscription as a prize for the winner of the Losers' Bracket.
2. I will also offer a 3 month Gold subscription for the biggest non-forfeit upset, as determined by X Win% at the time of the match (to be split in the case of ties).

Eligibility:
1. In order to participate, you must have participated in the main tournament, and must not have forfeited your match due to lack of participation/communication (resigning single games is fine).
2. Please only sign up if you can commit to playing your matches until you are eliminated again.
3. Those eliminated in the quarterfinals of the main tournament or later are not eligible for the Losers' Bracket prize, since they will already be receiving a prize for their placement in the main tournament. However, they are welcome to participate, and if one of them wins the prize will go to the highest finisher(s).

Signups:
(176) scottshauf
(198) yahas
(223) santamonica811 (josh bornstein)
(241) jakey
(251) SamanthaCarter
(274) Der Quasi
(279) Tabou
(281) whitedovenz
(283) Aquariangirl-2- (jennifer0204)
(286) Damiracle
(288) wildaboutmn
(293) choloepus
(295) Oyvind
(296) gregors67
(299) Nefarious6th
(304) paulrudz
(309) DieFault
(316) blamelewis
(322) nhpsmith
(323) fainting_goats
(325) nexxus
(326) Wavyhill
(356) cruiskeen
(358) aaronargo
(360) elliottjf
(362) Vali1987
(363) beolight
(368) Gandalf86
(373) Meadowstress777 (Meadowstress)
(374) kscrapqueen
(380) G.L. Morrison (Morrison)

blamelewis

Der Quasi

mith

I've started sending invites/reminders. Unfortunately, I am limited in how many messages I can send per hour, so they will have to be staggered a bit. Signups will be extended to 72h after I finish sending invites, whenever that is.

SamanthaCarter

What the heck, sign me up.  Do you know when this is going to start?

mith

Quote from: SamanthaCarter on 27 September 2017, 05:13:48 AM
What the heck, sign me up.  Do you know when this is going to start?

Round 1 matches should be posted sometime Saturday (and weekly for subsequent rounds).

Oyvind

Quote from: blamelewis on 26 September 2017, 01:48:37 AM
I'm a loser :) Sign me up...

T.

What that guy said!

Thanks for giving us a second chance!

Hopefully I'll take advantage this time!  ;Dyvind

Meadowstress

I got grilled as well  ;D sign me up (Meadowstress777)

cruiskeen

I'd like to sign up.
Cheers, cruiskeen

mith

All invites have now been sent, so signups will close 72 hours from this post.

nexxus

Please sign me up for a small second chance ;-)

Regards,

nexxus