Max events/landmarks not respected

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamH

I'm playing a game at a table I created. It's a 1-player game. I have max Events/Landmarks set to zero and I am getting events and landmarks at my games.

I have required two cards, no colonies/shelters, and they are not Events or Landmarks. This is definitely a bug.

Ingix

Confirmed. Happened to me in a 2 player (bot) game on the first try. I usually have max Events/Landmark set to 2, which I don't think was ever violated. Max number of unfamilier cards is also set to 0 (it shouldn't influence this anyway).

AdamH

Yeah this kind of thing is going to happen when the list of reported bugs is not kept up to date and reported bugs don't get fixed. I'm not going to look through all the threads everywhere to make sure something hasn't already been reported.

And really that's a shame. It would be much easier for someone to keep a list maintained than it will be for them to go back and remake the list when the time comes, so it leads users to think that they don't care about ever fixing the numerous problems with their software.

Stef

Quote from: AdamH on 29 September 2017, 05:02:59 PM
Yeah this kind of thing is going to happen when the list of reported bugs is not kept up to date and reported bugs don't get fixed. I'm not going to look through all the threads everywhere to make sure something hasn't already been reported.

And really that's a shame. It would be much easier for someone to keep a list maintained than it will be for them to go back and remake the list when the time comes, so it leads users to think that they don't care about ever fixing the numerous problems with their software.

You are free to express your own opinions, but I'd really appreciate it if you would make a little more effort trying to not represent them as facts or the opinions of others.

AdamH

Quote from: Stef on 29 September 2017, 05:28:10 PM
You are free to express your own opinions, but I'd really appreciate it if you would make a little more effort trying to not represent them as facts or the opinions of others.

If I say something that you disagree with, you can say what it is and why you disagree with it. Telling me that everything I say is just my opinion doesn't make everything I say wrong.

And I thought I was doing you a service, telling you what I'm hearing from people I talk to who aren't going to sign up on these forums or otherwise tell you their feedback. If you would like me to stop, sure I'll stop, but if you're trying to tell me that I just post random crap on your forums and say "everyone else is saying it too!" then that's just not true.

Philip

Quote from: AdamH on 29 September 2017, 08:00:51 PMif you're trying to tell me that I just post random crap

I don't think whatever you're posting is random, but it sure is crap.

Ingix

Quote from: AdamH on 29 September 2017, 05:02:59 PM

Agreed. I plan to update the 'known bugs' post and check if the bugs still apply after new releases. This will take some time, but I'll do it in waves so that some progress is visible.

Please continue to report bugs and problems you find.