Gamelog said I drew 10 cards (I correctly only drew 5)

Previous topic - Next topic

Cave-O-Sapien

Game ID: 7232609

On my second to last turn:

Turn 17 - Cave-o-sapien
C starts their turn.
C calls a Guide.
C discards a Copper, 2 Tunnels and 2 Royal Carriages.
C reacts with a Tunnel.
C reveals a Tunnel.
C gains a Gold.
C reacts with a Tunnel.
C reveals a Tunnel.
C gains a Gold.
C draws a Curse, a Copper, a Gold, an Estate, 2 Bazaars, 3 Tunnels and an Engineer.

I only drew 5 cards (which is correct):
2 Bazaars
Curse
Gold
Engineer

Kudos to Sicomatic for noticing this! 

Ingix

That's a consequence of the log combining similar actions (but is still mighty confusing).

First you drew 5 cards when you called the Guide. That gave you a Copper, an Estate and 3 Tunnels. You then (probably) hit "End Turn", because there is nothing much to do with just 1 potential coin. So you discarded your 5 cards and drew the 5 cards for your next turn.

The log never mentions the discards during Cleanup, so it combined the 5 draws from the Guide and the 5 draws from your Draw phase to the 10 cards you saw. Since it orders those cards in a way only itself understands, you got this hodge podge of cards that seemed to have no relation to reality.

Cave-O-Sapien

Quote from: Ingix on 27 September 2017, 11:47:10 PM
That's a consequence of the log combining similar actions (but is still mighty confusing).

First you drew 5 cards when you called the Guide. That gave you a Copper, an Estate and 3 Tunnels. You then (probably) hit "End Turn", because there is nothing much to do with just 1 potential coin. So you discarded your 5 cards and drew the 5 cards for your next turn.

The log never mentions the discards during Cleanup, so it combined the 5 draws from the Guide and the 5 draws from your Draw phase to the 10 cards you saw. Since it orders those cards in a way only itself understands, you got this hodge podge of cards that seemed to have no relation to reality.

Ah! That makes sense. It's a log coalescence issue.

Why doesn't it mention the discard? Doesn't it normally? Wouldn't that be enough to prevent this?

Ingix

I don't think it ever mentions the discard in cleanup. It only talks about discard when you do it for an effect like Militia.