Pirate Ship with 3+ players?

Previous topic - Next topic

Hane

I was playing a game against 2 bots and when I used Pirate Ship only 1 of my opponents revealed cards from the top of their deck. This happened twice and it seems to contradict the card text and card FAQ/instructions online.

WhiteRabbit1981

Hi Hane,

Is there a possibility that one of these happend:

one bot had a moat in hand
one bot discarded two estates or something
one bot had no deck or discardfile (deck trashed down to 5 cards)
Lighthouse or Champion in play?

Hane

The 3rd item was in effect: I bought Pirate Ship specifically because Chapel was on the board. 1 of the bots must have trashed their whole deck.

I set up a quick game to test it and Pirate Ship does indeed work on all opponents. I should have done that before posting.

Thanks

Ingix

Thanks for taking the time to post the initial bug report and even following up with a test. :)

If you notice a bug, the most valuable information (besides the description) for testers is the game number (found in the chat log at the beginning of the game). This allows others to reload the game and, if necessary, replay it step by step to see what happened.

Sometimes it is a bug, sometimes it is a rare situation (like a bot with no cards left outside of his hand).

WhiteRabbit1981

A hint in the logfile like "Player 3 has no pile to show cards from" would be nice tho. Not only here, also with other topdeck interactions.

Cave-O-Sapien

Quote from: WhiteRabbit1981 on 03 October 2017, 10:28:26 PM
A hint in the logfile like "Player 3 has no pile to show cards from" would be nice tho. Not only here, also with other topdeck interactions.

Another case in support of a "verbose log" option!