[BUG] remodel card cant discard 1 card from hand

Previous topic - Next topic

ANCOLL

I found that REMODEL cant discard 1 card from hand..
it only allow to take card which is 2 gold or less

how to fix this problem?

ANCOLL

also HARBINGER cant take put a card from discard pile onto deck

ANCOLL

Another bug..

I play THRONE ROOM and REMODEL, the first one is ok can trash ESTATE, the second one, it doesnt allow me to discard another card from hand

yed

Remodel is not discarding any cards from hand:
See: http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/index.php/Remodel

Next time please include game # to your bug report. Youcan find it at the beginning of the log and in the chat.

markus

If you only have Coppers in hand, one Copper is trashed automatically when you play Remodel and you can select a card costing up to 2.

Ingix

Thanks for reporting what you found, ANCOLL.

The main issue seems to be what markus already explained: In the game, once in a situation there is only one possible choice, the game will autmatically make that choice for you. That applies directly to your first bug report, where you only have 1 card in hand after playing Remodel.

In this case, since there is only one possible choice for the card to trash (not discard) and the trashing is not optional, the game client will autmatically trash the card (it will not end up in your discard pile, but in the trash) and then ask you what card you want to gain instead (as you described).

For Harbinger, I've played with it and never experienced problems. There may be 2 special situations:
a) there is only one kind of card in the discard pile (all Copper, for example): The above general autmation rule kicks in and the game puts the only possible choice (a Copper) on top of your deck, and
b) your discard pile is empty when Harbinger wants to select a card from it. Since Harbinger does "+1 card/+1 action" before, this occurs when your draw pile is empty when you start playing Harbinger.

For your third report, could it be that again the remaining cards in hand were the same, such that the above general automation rules kicked in? I just tested a game with Throne Room and Remodel and Throne Room + Remodel worked as expected: I could 'remodel' 2 cards into more valuable ones.

As yed explained, giving the game number in the bug report is an immensely helpful piece of information for bug finding. Because one can see all the actions in their context, it becomes possible to decide if something is actually incorrect in a given situation, or just poorly communicated to the player.

markus

Quote from: Ingix on 08 October 2017, 08:18:05 PM
For Harbinger, I've played with it and never experienced problems. There may be 2 special situations:
a) there is only one kind of card in the discard pile (all Copper, for example): The above general autmation rule kicks in and the game puts the only possible choice (a Copper) on top of your deck, and
Harbinger's topdecking is optional, so that won't be the reason.