Auotplay option for Hero - Exchange once

Previous topic - Next topic

blamelewis

Hi, I can't see when having more than one Champion might be useful (though as there always seem to be exceptions to everything in Dominion I'd love to hear if anyone knows of such a time...)

But given that for the most part one champion is enough, how about an option on the autoplay for Hero saying "exchange once" - so after you've exchanged one for a champion it reverts to default keep?

Thanks

Tim

Stef

I could do that but I almost always stop them at the Warrior level after the first one gets promoted.
So the only Hero I have, I just want that to become a Champion.
Guess I like drawing cards a lot.

markus

You can set the Hero autoplay option to not exchange after you exchanged your first one. This will only be saved for the game. The more usual case is to already keep Warriors after the first one. Therefore, the "convenient" settings are off for Warrior. But you can also configure it as you prefer.

blamelewis

Thanks for replies. I have Bonnie Tyler singing "I need a hero" stuck in my head now. I have only myself to blame...

T

EarlS

Quote from: blamelewis on 16 November 2017, 05:25:51 PM
Hi, I can't see when having more than one Champion might be useful (though as there always seem to be exceptions to everything in Dominion I'd love to hear if anyone knows of such a time...)

You're way ahead and you want to rub it in by playing a Diadem worth something in the triple digits.

allanfieldhouse

Quote from: EarlS on 17 November 2017, 05:23:41 AM
Quote from: blamelewis on 16 November 2017, 05:25:51 PM

You're way ahead and you want to rub it in by playing a Diadem worth something in the triple digits.

This was the lame edge-case I was getting ready to post. Normally Champion is just "unlimited actions", but with Diadem, it actually matters exactly how many actions you have. And Champion's effects do stack here.

markus

Another example would be that you want a second Hero for some time to gain treasures but then upgrade it to Champion to get it out of your deck.

Rabid

Also if you play 2 Hero's in the same shuffle, you might want to upgrade both.

WhiteRabbit1981

ok ... how much can a diadem actually be worth?
I'll do the obvious thing first:
Kingdom is Page / Tournament / Port / 7x Village Variant
I have 5 Champions out and play 9 Pages, 9 Tournaments, 5 Treasure Hunters, 12 Ports, 64 Village-Variants and of course the Trusty Steed. Thats 677$ for the diadem.

Anyone bidding more than 677? Maybe with a fancy Black Market Combo?

tracer

Quote from: WhiteRabbit1981 on 17 November 2017, 10:02:09 PM

When I did this exercise in I think January I pulled 1500 something. King your Champions.

Bbl

Wolf Den is also a pretty common reason for a second Champion.

blamelewis

fisherman

Quote from: tracer on 17 November 2017, 11:47:47 PM
Quote from: WhiteRabbit1981 on 17 November 2017, 10:02:09 PM

When I did this exercise in I think January I pulled 1500 something. King your Champions.

Can't you do a Bonfire/Lurker trick to play as many Champions as you want and get Diadem arbitrarily high?