News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Wackiness

Previous topic - Next topic

squirezucco

Don't know what happened here, but the game was good times until all the sudden the interface went crazy. Game #7608202. My opponent asked for a reasonable undo, which I allowed, and after that all cards were reading double. At one point, there were negative 4 silk roads in the supply! See photo.

Anyway, I asked for an undo because I couldn't see an inheritanced pawn in my hand while playing a shantytown. My opponent allowed is (I think), and it reverted 5 or 6 turns. Eventually, we just stopped playing. I resigned, and he might have, too, for all I know.

It had BM and Inheritance, which seems to be a recipe for excitement.

Ingix

That is of course definitely not supposed to happen. Unfortunetly, the game is counted as a loss for you  :-[

What I don't understand is when you write "all cards were reading double"? The screenshot you made seems to show no typographical abnormalies.

It seems likely that some undo caused this to happen. But AFAIK undos are not part of the log, that means if you start your turn, do something, then decide to undo to the beginning of your turn, and continue playing, the log will no longer contain any info about what you did in the time that you later erased with undo. So a 'replay' will not work, and indeed there is a problem reloading that game to the end.

The latest I can relaod that game to is decision 348, anything later causes it stay endlessly in the spinning castle animation saying "connected to gameserver". I appended that game state at this point, maybe you can remember that something special happened at that moment (Ingix is squirezucco in the replay).

squirezucco

Quote from: Ingix on 10 October 2017, 03:12:41 PM
What I don't understand is when you write "all cards were reading double"? The screenshot you made seems to show no typographical abnormalies.

If you look at the picture, I had a pretty exciting starting hand, including 4 develops, two courtiers, etc. These were all typographical abnormalities. Likewise, the -4 Silk Roads remaining was, I would say, "abnormal."

Although the game counting as a loss for me may irrecoverably rock the Dominion world (which had been anxiously tracking my meteoric rise to 227 on the global leaderboard), Gherald will forever be able to treasure this victory in his/her heart, and in this small point we can all take at least some consolation.

Ingix

Quote from: squirezucco on 10 October 2017, 04:51:22 PM
If you look at the picture, I had a pretty exciting starting hand, including 4 develops, two courtiers, etc. These were all typographical abnormalities. Likewise, the -4 Silk Roads remaining was, I would say, "abnormal."

Ah, now I see what you meant. I had thought that there was some 'shadow' on text, like if you print text twice but moved a slightly bit. So while all the supply piles beside Silk Road have reasonable values, you have a doubled starting hand.