Good bye

Previous topic - Next topic

Lavier

I didn't even said hello here, i want to say goodbye, you guys here are not friendly at all.
Yes, okay, i get it, you're here to play.

but not even a hello?
leaving the game right after it end? (especially when you're loosing)
playing very very very slowly when you are loosing?
pushing your opponent to play faster when it take more than 10 second to play?
and so on...
(and i experienced that after only 20 games)

I'm really use to play online:
usually, mmorpg, chess, and the game of go, and you are the rudest players on every game i play.

your community is the worst.

breppert

Quote from: Lavier on 12 October 2017, 06:34:21 PM
I didn't even said hello here, i want to say goodbye, you guys here are not friendly at all.

but not even a hello?
and so on...

usually, mmorpg, chess, and the game of go, and you are the rudest players on every game i play.

Sorry that you had a bad experience in the community. A lot of us play a lot of games against a lot of different players, and so we don't consider the usual pleasantries (hello, good luck, good game, etc.) necessary. A lot of people still do post these nice things at the start of every game, however.

Bad-mannered individuals definitely exist, but I don't think they're the ones on this forum too often. They are random players who don't really think about the impact of what they're doing or saying, or are just angry.

I wish you well, and apologize that you didn't get the chance to experience those in the community who are more kind.

E.Honda

Quote from: breppert on 12 October 2017, 06:53:44 PM
Quote from: Lavier on 12 October 2017, 06:34:21 PM

but not even a hello?
and so on...

Sorry that you had a bad experience in the community. A lot of us play a lot of games against a lot of different players, and so we don't consider the usual pleasantries (hello, good luck, good game, etc.) necessary. A lot of people still do post these nice things at the start of every game, however.

Bad-mannered individuals definitely exist, but I don't think they're the ones on this forum too often. They are random players who don't really think about the impact of what they're doing or saying, or are just angry.

I wish you well, and apologize that you didn't get the chance to experience those in the community who are more kind.

I would add, not that it makes any rude behaviour any better, but that I have definitely seen way worse and way more toxic communities. Take a look at dota2, league of legends or any of those big online multiplayer games and you will have a much worse time, especially as a beginning player.

blamelewis

Hey, yeah - give us a chance - if you're still here... 20 games isn't many...

By far the majority of the players I've encountered are friendly. Many are silent and don't return my greeting - but the chat interface isn't especially good for touchscreens so I try not to assume too much from that.

However sometimes I've had really enjoyable chats with people too.

One thing that aids friendliness is communication - if someone's taking a long time to play but says they're reading the cards, or thinking, then I'll know that this isn't someone slow-rolling or with a connection issue.

So if you like the game, stick around - use the blacklist to avoid rude, abusive players - who do exist sure - and report to the mods anyone doing such behaviour, including playing extra slowly - note the game number when this happens and the mods can check things out.

Hope you'll give the place another chance.
Best

Tim