Overlord played as WineMerchant

Previous topic - Next topic

Micha1980

I cant discard my overlord(played as WM) in my buy-phase for unspent 2$ from my tavern mat.
There is no ask for.

Pls fix.

Thx & regards

Ingix

That behavior is correct. Note that Overlord (and Band of Misfits) only becomes the copied card as long as it is in play (literally "This is that card until it leaves play."). Once it has reached the Tavern mat, it becomes an Overlord again, which has no ability to be called from it.

See this thread http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php?topic=1387 for some more discussion, including words from the game's creator to the same effect.

tufftaeh

The Overlord ceases to be a Wine Merchant as soon as it is on the tavern mat because it has left play. So you will never get it back into your deck before the end of the game.
Recommendation: Don't use Overlord or Band of Misfits as Reserve cards. ;)

... ninja'd ...

Micha1980

sounds really strange ... thought this is the named card until my turn is finished, that I can discard it from my tavern mat.
But thx for your explanation

santamonica811

I guess this is true for its interaction with all reserve cards, yes?

It would be helpful for there to be some sort of popup warning if you use a card in combo with another card that will trash/make inactive the first card, for the rest of the game.  Obviously no way to put all that info on the card itself.

If there were such a warning popup, I am sure you'd also include an option of turning the popup off, so that more experienced players would be able to configure their system so that they could skip that extra step of closing down the popup window.