Cannot start games anymore from Automatch

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteRabbit1981

Automatch does not start games anymore but creates tables. 2nd Player "ready" gets the message "already starting game".
From what i saw in the table chats, everyone has that problem, not just me.

WhiteRabbit1981

i wanted to add a screenshot, but it works now .....

Ingix

At that time there was a general hiccup with the servers, sometimes things worked, sometimes they didn't. It was over after ca. 30 min.

WhiteRabbit1981

Thanks for the update, Ignix!
By the way, I actually liked the idea to join a table via automatch instead of directly joining a game. For the fast game, its only half a secound more for both players to hit "ready". But, for example if matched with someone who is my friend, I would have the chance to chat and change the game parameters before it starts.

Stef

Quote from: WhiteRabbit1981 on 19 October 2017, 08:38:15 PM
By the way, I actually liked the idea to join a table via automatch instead of directly joining a game. For the fast game, its only half a secound more for both players to hit "ready". But, for example if matched with someone who is my friend, I would have the chance to chat and change the game parameters before it starts.

I understand that would solve some issues, but it also introduces a lot of new problems.
(there is no longer any penalty on being in the queue without the intend/ability to play a game)

baconmaster

Quote from: WhiteRabbit1981 on 19 October 2017, 08:38:15 PM

Stef, what about this ongoing problem with the "already starting" popup/can't start game?  Are you fixing this problem? It happens a lot.

Stef

Quote from: baconmaster on 02 February 2018, 02:19:09 AM
Stef, what about this ongoing problem with the "already starting" popup/can't start game?  Are you fixing this problem? It happens a lot.

Yes.. :(
I stopped working on whatever I was working on to deal with this today.
I will put something live today that at least shows very promising results on dev.

Ingix

Version 1.3.11 is live now that tries to fix the problems of games not ending or "game already starting".