Disallow Spectators in Rated Games

Previous topic - Next topic

jsh

I would really appreciate an option in the main option menus to entirely disallow spectators. The average player probably doesn't encounter my situation, but I get spectators in roughly 100% of games when I have activity tracking allowed. When it's off, somehow people still find my games. Usually, I'm fine with people watching my games, but sometimes I really just want to play without people watching me or evaluating my plays. (or worse, chatting when I don't feel like it)

santamonica811

JSH,
Interesting to read your OP.  I have, literally, never had anyone watch my game, other than "friends" (ie, people I've played with several times, who see my name) drop in for 5 seconds to type "hi" and then leave.

Does this mean that I'm a really bad player, and it's just too painful for spectators to stick around, actually watch my games, and comment on them???  :)

Ingix

@jsh: I don't think you can prevent spectators entirely, but at least you can turn off their chat by setting "Show spectator chat to players" to "No" generally or in the table settings. If you are concerned about your playing experience, that may (partially) help.

But with dominion.lauxnet.com and game reloads, there is no way to prevent anyone to analyze your games afterwards, if they so desire.

jsh

Quote from: Ingix on 02 November 2017, 11:30:11 PM
@jsh: I don't think you can prevent spectators entirely, but at least you can turn off their chat by setting "Show spectator chat to players" to "No" generally or in the table settings. If you are concerned about your playing experience, that may (partially) help.

But with dominion.lauxnet.com and game reloads, there is no way to prevent anyone to analyze your games afterwards, if they so desire.

I am aware you can't, which is why I request the feature. It's not about chat so much as just not necessarily wanting people watching me at that moment.