New Start Game feature

Previous topic - Next topic

irata

I didn't see an announcement about what the purpose is of the "Start Game" feature that was recently added.

If you resign before clicking "Start Game" does the rated game count?  Otherwise what is the point behind the "Start Game" button?

Thanks.

Mic Qsenoch

It's to help make it clear when Heirlooms (http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=17770.0) and Shelters are in the game.

Resignations will still count at that point (I am pretty sure).

AdamH

It would be nice if there was an option to skip this at the beginning of each game. I'll be very thankful that it's there for the next month or so while I'm still getting used to the cards, but eventually I will get annoyed by it.

BTW, the update that came when these previews started included a lot of really awesome features, including this. I'm really happy with the display for duration attacks and various tokens.

Bbl

It is a tiny detail, but i appreciate the small shuffle animation + sound when your cards go back to your pile, after you pressed the 'Start' button.

arcee

Perhaps only showing it when your deck is not 7C/3E would be best?

TheSeal

I like it because of the people who click auto match then switch to another tab. The game wouldn't load until they returned focus to the browser tab with Dominion. With the start button the game load immediately and I know it's not anything on my end that is the problem for why we are not starting.