Are games against blacklisted players still not counted in the rankings?

Previous topic - Next topic

mrfiat

Are games against blacklisted players still not counted in the rankings?  My research seems to
indicate the games are counted even though last month there was an update which said those games would not be counted.

markus

When players get banned, all their rated games get removed. Blacklisting them for inappropriate behavior makes it likely that they will get banned soon. But people can't evade a loss by just blacklisting their opponent afterwards.

irata

Thanks.  I do remember the post from last month said quite clearly that you could blacklist players that are slow playing you and there would be no effect on your rating.  Oh well, I guess either I misunderstood what you guys said or the code has been changed.

markus

That's still true in the sense that slow playing is not allowed and players who do that will get banned. Blacklisting makes it easy to identify and ban them for moderators. Back then there was this guy who created and abused lots of accounts who would thereby be identified in less than a day.

But just blacklisting somebody doesn't automatically get them banned. So if you blacklist and then look at the results page of http://dominion.lauxnet.com/scavenger/ the result will still be there (until they are banned).