Lost In the Woods not Visible (and Boons not view-able)

Previous topic - Next topic

JW

In a game with Fool, Lost in the Woods is not visible at the start of the game. I need to go to the Fool preview to see what it does: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=17781.0;topicseen

In addition, there appears to be nowhere that I can see what all of the Boons do at the start of the game. But I think Stef is aware of and working on that.

Ingix

Once you (or any player) has Lost in the Woods, you can click on it in the log to see what it does.

But of course you are right, it is not good that there is some game resource whose effect you cannot find out. The problem already exists and is a known issue for Knights/Ruins/split piles and the (Tournament) prize pile, it just so happens that most players already know what's in them.

AdamH

Quote from: Ingix on 25 October 2017, 05:44:02 PM
it just so happens that most players already know what's in them.

This is a dangerous assumption. You would think that I would be more likely to know what it does but I came here to post about this exact same issue today.

The software should be tailored to the new player experience, it should not assume that people already know how the game works. I've said this many times before and it's been ignored, but that doesn't make it any less true, so I guess I'm saying it again.

jeebus

I agree with Adam. This should have been fixed long ago. I assume it's not been prioritized because most people here already remember (or know where to look it up; I still have to go to another page to look up what the second card in split piles are sometimes). For less experienced users this is pretty bad.

Cave-O-Sapien

Quote from: AdamH on 25 November 2017, 03:46:14 PM
Quote from: Ingix on 25 October 2017, 05:44:02 PM
it just so happens that most players already know what's in them.

This is a dangerous assumption. You would think that I would be more likely to know what it does but I came here to post about this exact same issue today.

The software should be tailored to the new player experience, it should not assume that people already know how the game works. I've said this many times before and it's been ignored, but that doesn't make it any less true, so I guess I'm saying it again.

Another example is the Castles pile. I've played ~2000 games now here and I still have trouble remembering which Castle does what and where it is in the pile.