Is Ghost selection (of Action card) random??

Previous topic - Next topic

santamonica811

Game: 8083775

Played a game with Lord Rat.  The first time I played Ghost, it selected Fool, which was--by this time--worthless.  Okay, there were about 6 action cards in my deck at that time, so there was a one in six chance of that happening.

But, second time I played Ghost, it also selected Fool.  That's a 1-in-36 chance, if random.  The third time I played Ghost, it again selected Fool.  That is more than 200:1 against happening by chance (216 to 1, to be exact).  [Game ended before being able to play Ghost a 4th time.) 

Am I misunderstanding how Ghost plays?  Is the rule:  Once a card is randomly selected on the first play of Ghost, that same card will always be selected in subsequent Ghost plays?  If so, what happens if the "selected" card, later, is trashed?  (As I--vainly--tried to do in my game, once Fool came up the first time.) 

Or was this just a really really (really really really) random game?

Or . . . some other explanation I'm not thinking of?  :-)

santamonica811

Update:

In the next game with Ghost, it AGAIN selected Fool the first time.  But, after that, Ghost selected other Action cards.  So, maybe that first game was just an aberration.

Ingix

The game number seems incorrect. #8083775 is a game without Fool.

There is no inherent randomness in Fool. It will just depend on the order of cards in your deck, which is of course randomly determined. If you have a deck that plays/draws some actions, then the number of actions in your deck will be less than 6. Since what you play and/or discard is certainly not random, the remaining cards in your deck will not be uniformly distributed.

I'm not saying your experience happens every second or third game. But without looking at what really happened, it's hard to judge if there is any bias.