The Scales of Justice

Previous topic - Next topic

JKRich

Love how some scaling issues have been improved, such as larger card selection windows. One problem I haven't seen mentioned however is sometimes the card ordering windows are incredibly tiny. This seems to happen when there are only 10 kingdom piles. For example in game #8217785 on frankfurt Turn 11 the window to order 2 actions via Wandering Minstrel is only a small fraction of the size of a single event card-ish. I'm guessing you know about this, but I hadn't seen it mentioned so I thought I'd chime in.

santamonica811

Off-topic, but . . .
"Scales of Justice" would be a great name for a Dominion card.  (If X is in your hand, or if X has happened on this turn, then there is ___ effect.  If X is not in your hand, or if X has not happened on this turn, the there is ____ effect.")

Ingix

I think the 'order window' is still based on the size of the in-play cards, which is pretty small in your game, because landmarks and events take up space in a 'third row' of cards. The layout engine is being worked on (you noticed the selection window changes, and of course the 'hidden landmarks/events' problem is being worked on).

JKRich

Thanks for your reply, Ingix. I understand needing a 3rd row due to 4 event/landmark use will make things smaller, but FYI I thought I'd point out that even when using a 3rd row there's a big difference between these 2 scenarios: when over 10 kingdom piles are needed (due to ruins, spoils, travelers, etc.), the card pile images are smaller, but the images of cards in play and order windows are not as small compared when no extra piles are needed, where the card pile images are significantly larger but the images of cards in play and order windows are for me uncomfortably tiny. I'd rather the card pile images be smaller all the time than the images of cards in play and order windows be unreadable. Note the image in my previous post of the order window inside of Trade came out magnified compared to what it was in the actual game (but not bad for my 1st screenshot attempt!). I should also note my setup is typical PC W10/Firefox/16X9 - same issue whether I go full screen(my typical use) or not.

Ingix

The timing of your posting seems to be one hour before a new version (1.3.2) was released, which did important changes to the layout engine. I reloaded your your game and made screen shots in 2 different layouts, the order windows are now bigger.

The 2nd layout shows an example for the discussion what should be prioritized: Size of kingdom piles, or height for in-play cards.

I (on a desktop) prefer bigger in-play cards, so that when there are many they are easily differentiable. Others prefer bigger kingdom cards, because they are more often interacted with (buy/gain).

JKRich

Thanks, Ingix. I realized my previous post became obsolete shortly after it was posted - I didn't know such a big change was coming. I posted more "size matters" feedback in Stef's thread where he requested it.