Android Compatibility?

Previous topic - Next topic

RosieGirl

Does anyone know when playing Dominion on an Android device will be fully functional? We are at a great disadvantage during some games.

yed

I also hope, that reorder in Android will be fixed soon after Noctrune. It is currently my #1 issue here.

To be clear I don't mean Android app. Just make it work in browser on Android tablet.

yed

There is a simple solution/workaround:
You click on first card to swap, than on second.

TimSharrock

unfortunately that "click on one, than another" does not  work for me. Touching a card in the grey "reorder box" makes it fly temporarily to the top-left corner of the box, and fly back as soon as I release it, but I have not found fast or slow touches, in any order make any difference to the final order of the cards. (on a Pixel C tablet, with Chrome, running Android Oreo)

yed

I meant that as a proposition for solution/workaround. Sorry for the confusion.

TimSharrock

yes, that would be a useful enhancement

pregnantbird

Hi, I also try to play Dominion on an Android tablet.

The issues with reordering are there but there is a bigger issue for me which I think could be solved quickly. I know that Android i on the TODO list of Stef, I just found some links, which could maybe help for a quick fix.

I tried different Android browsers:
1. Chrome & Firefox:
1.1: Wrong screen size
Most things are fine but some buttons are offset and partially offscreen. I think this comes from using the wrong screen size for for the positioning. The height of the address bar is not taken into account for the calculations. I found a good article about this here Calculating the real screen size tutorial (Javascript)
1.2: No Full screen
The useable screen size is drastically decreased by the address bar which can not be hidden by the settings. Only 580px height of my 800px height screen are showing dominion (30% lost). It would be great if the address bar would be hidden during games, which can be done by Javascript. Maybe this link helps you Full screen tutorial. There are some Firefox extensions to add a full screen button but it did not work. A screenshot of Firefox is attached.

2. Opera:
Only the loading page shows up and the login screen never shows up. It's ok I don't use Opera :)

3. Full Screen browser:
There are some browsers for Android, that work in Full screen mode (Browser in App store). The buttons are not offset in this browser and everything works fine. Except one annoying bug, where you are kicked out of the account as soon as a game is ended. You have to login again with that annoying on screen keyboard. This takes long enough that most players leave the table.

All options have the (partly known) minor additional issues of:
1. The reordering
2. When longclicking on a card to read it it shows but if you can afford it, you also buy it.
3. After writing something in the chat, the onscreen keyboard shows up everytime you click on something.

Maybe only fixing the kicking bug after the game would help me a lot. Enabling full screen in Chrome & Firefox would be amazing :)

Btw, a big general thank you for the otherwise great implementation!
Cheers, pregnantbird

Ranna156

I too wish the re-order would work on android devices. Very frustrating when you can't re-order cards on some boards.

Stef

Quote from: Ranna156 on 06 January 2018, 10:17:43 AM
I too wish the re-order would work on android devices. Very frustrating when you can't re-order cards on some boards.

Thanks to Ingix this now works on dev, so it will be in the next release.

TimSharrock

wonderful, I am looking forward to it!

pregnantbird

Thank you!! I'm looking forward to it!!

Ranna156

Quote from: Stef on 06 January 2018, 11:43:01 AM
Quote from: Ranna156 on 06 January 2018, 10:17:43 AM

great! Thanks for the update!

pregnantbird

Quote from: Stef on 06 January 2018, 11:43:01 AM

When do you plan the next release? I wish i could play on dev :)

Ingix

Soon (TM). Don't get your hopes up that much, it's a smell step, nothing more.

pregnantbird

Quote from: Ingix on 16 January 2018, 10:49:44 AM
Soon (TM). Don't get your hopes up that much, it's a smell step, nothing more.

Still smells good!