private tables

Previous topic - Next topic

EmeraldGreen

I would really like an option to create a private (friends-/invitation-only) table. I mostly use Dominion Online to play against distant family and friends (or noodle around in bot games), and I feel uncomfortable asking a stranger to leave the table as I'm waiting for a specific person to join.

blamelewis

Agreed - this was difficult during the tournament, when setting up a table and waiting for an opponent.

T.

tufftaeh

Setting the min/max level difference to zero in the Advanced Options allows only your friends to join the table.

dane

Unfortunately (unless I'm missing something) one can only use the Advanced Options after creating the table, so there's still a short window during which unwanted players can appear at the table.  I've had this happen to me twice even though I rarely need to create a private table (usually only when I want to load an old game), so I agree that a 'Create private table' option is needed.

Stef

this is not the top priority, but something I'd like to "solve" nonetheless.
my guess is near the end of this year.

In the meanwhile, let's talk about how it should be.

My suggestion: if you click "new table now" you get two options:
"create table" and "load old game". There should be more:

* private table -> you play with bots, nobody can join, nobody can spectate, only you can load the log
* private party -> only people you invite can join your table. Invites is something we need to build.
* friendly bot game -> you play against bots, but friends are welcome to spectate (and invite you to a real game)
* public table -> you get to set an "invite description" and if you do so your table gets publicly listed next to the automatcher. People who are waiting in the queue thus get to see your description and may decide to leave the automatcher and join your table.
* special game -> you get to give your game a name, only invites can play, everyone can spectate, players can't see spectator chat written during games. This name is listed somewhere people can find games to spectate.
* load old game -> unchanged

WhiteRabbit1981

I love the public table version!
One more maybe:

Friendly table - only ppl from your friendslist may join.
But: those games should all be unranked, so noone can play the ranking by friending / unfriending players.