Nocturne cards unavailable?

Previous topic - Next topic

NeuroticLich

So I have a gold subscription and have for some time now, but I don't have access to any cards from Nocturne. When I go to the Store tab, it shows my subscription as having every set except for Nocturne.

Stef

Quote from: NeuroticLich on 16 November 2017, 12:37:05 PM
So I have a gold subscription and have for some time now, but I don't have access to any cards from Nocturne. When I go to the Store tab, it shows my subscription as having every set except for Nocturne.

Yes this is how the subscription works.
When you bought gold, that was everything up to empires. If you'd buy gold today it would include Nocturne (and be slightly more expensive).

If you want to play with Nocturne, you can go to the store and just buy Gold again. If you select the same end-day as your current subscription it will be quite cheap, because it will automatically subtract everything you already own.

(see this post)

NeuroticLich

Ahh, okay. I misunderstood that, I thought gold was just all sets, not just up to the time of subscription. Thanks, I'll just have to do that tomorrow

ballmeat

Doesn't the word subscription imply that we would be getting new content as it would be added? I would use the term "lease" instead if you need players to buy a new subscription every time a new set is added.

dane

Quote from: ballmeat on 20 November 2017, 04:52:24 AM
Doesn't the word subscription imply that we would be getting new content as it would be added? I would use the term "lease" instead if you need players to buy a new subscription every time a new set is added.
Not really.  When you buy the Gold subscription, you are shown a list of the specific expansions that you are buying.  It doesn't just say 'all expansions'.

Ingix

I agree that the term subscription has connotations that do not apply here: that you get new things regularly, and that there may be some auto-renewal. OTOH, when you 'buy' somthing, people have 'keep forever' in mind, which doesn't really apply here, as at the moment there is no standalone component.

Cave-O-Sapien

Personally, I find the payment model 100% satisfactory and I haven't been tripped up by what I got versus what I was expecting; HOWEVER, I can see how people would find it surprising that paying a monthly/daily fee for a "Gold Subscription" would not include all the cards. It's not directly analogous, but if I pay a monthly fee for Netflix, I don't have to pay more when they add Stranger Things 2.

Again, I understand the distinction, I'm just saying I see the other side.