People needing 2-3 minutes to start the game

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotoreo

Recently, I have experienced way more people who did not realize that their game started, than usual. I dont mean people who read the cards, but people who dont react to chat and just seem to be away for the first minutes. Its starting to get annoying.

Have there been any modifications to the notification at the game start?

Martin plays Piano

Hi Lotoreo,

of course there is a modification - for some weeks now there is this button "Start game", which you have to press - and I don't think all players are aware that they have to press this button to get the game started.

Personally, I like this additional button because you have a little extra time to look at the cards in peace - especially for the new Nocturne cards.

But I'm with you, it shouldn't take three minutes in average to get everyone ready.

Have fun
Rachmaninoff

Stef

I don't think Lotoreo is encountering a group of significant size that are all stuck on the "start game" question, or that this is what he's talking about. This question isn't even the real start of the game either - in a technical sense the game has already started and that is just the first question (you can undo it like any other question).

That said I'm not aware of any changes that could have this impact. There were lots of changes though, it's certainly possible I broke something. Just tested it and at least the sound when you find an automatch still works.
Maybe you can ask some of these opponents? Were they aware the game started? Maybe a combination of having sound disabled and browsing another tab?

santamonica811

Stef,
Maybe an easy coding modification?  After 15-30 seconds, the button starts flashing.  After a minute, a soft series of, say, 2-5 beeps.

These could be options that could be turned off (if, for example, a player has a mobility issue and will always be taking an extended time.  But I presume that, in those cases, such a player types out this information immediately, so that the other player knows going in that the game will last 2 or 3 or 5 times longer).

Lotoreo

I am quite sure, it was not people missing the "start game" button. It just seemed that a surprisingly high amount of people suddenly did not see the notifications of the game start. But I guess if there were no changes, it was just random coincidends.