Card Count Error in Overlord Loop

Previous topic - Next topic

mith

Not surprised this isn't handled well (and this is an extreme edge case), but with the following setup:

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=17800.msg734220#msg734220

I ended up with a deck of 52 Overlords and -48 Pixies:

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3849056/mith?size=large

I assume the problem is we are gaining the same Overlords repeatedly but they are trashed while they are Pixies, so the Overlord count keeps incrementing and the Pixie count keeps decrementing. I think I had 3 actual Overlords and 1 actual Pixie at the end, so the math works out (49 Overlords gained and 49 Pixies trashed).

Stef

I am surprised. I don't really see why overlord/pixie would be more difficult then overlord/feast or overlord/death cart.

Anyway, it would be really helpful though if you post a game number instead of a screenshot.
A screenshot helps proving something went wrong, but not really with discovering what it was or how to fix it.

Ingix

In the f.ds thread a game number is mentioned: #8900068
It fails to load, however.

I think this could have the same root cause as the bug that sometimes cards that were under the effect of Enchantress in play keep their pig-picture when they are redrawn. Somehow cards keep some effects on them when they shouldn't.

Stef

Quote from: Ingix on 22 November 2017, 11:25:27 AM
In the f.ds thread a game number is mentioned: #8900068
It fails to load, however.

I think this could have the same root cause as the bug that sometimes cards that were under the effect of Enchantress in play keep their pig-picture when they are redrawn. Somehow cards keep some effects on them when they shouldn't.
No the enchantress bug is purely client side / display error. When you play the first pig the server tells the client to un-pig a list of other cards, but at that point the client fails to find the cards that are "hidden in your hand" beneath other cards. If you reload the page the bug is magically gone.

This bug actually has the server messing it up (and is much more serious).

Anyway, thanks for the game number, I will investigate.

mith

Stef, this isn't specific to Pixie; however, it is likely specific to this sort of infinite loop, where we are playing Overlord as two or three times as different cards due to self-trashing (or removal - I think the same thing happens with the Crown-Mandarin loop).

Here's a game with Mining Village as the self-trasher instead, I end up with -8 Mining Villages and 13 Overlords.