Shuffle did not happen affter gain Inn then choose nothing

Previous topic - Next topic

ssly

According to Wiki.ds, even when you gain an Inn triggering the on-gain effect and choose nothing to shuffle into your drawpile, you still have to shuffle it anyway. This clarification is on the basis of the ruling on BGG.

I poorly checked how this is implemented in #9028036 Turn 12, where I first used undo to see the whole card order in my deck, played Cartographer fo sure, then gained by Artisan an Inn triggering the on-gain effect, chose nothing to shuffle into drawpile (There was a Chapel in discard pile at that time), and after putting the Inn onto my deck by Artisan finally drew by Library. The card order appeared to be same apparently because any shuffle didn't happen.

Well, I'd like you to look into what actually happens because I don't know how/when card orders in deck are decided online and I tried just manually not taking possibilities into consider. If it is a bug, it is relevant to ordering abilities and in particular to naming by like Wishing Well.

There is a same ruling about Annex IIRC while it looks like correctly shuffle (without logging though) after I choose all cards in discard pile as exceptions to its effect (i.e. I choose nothing to shuffle into deck). I tried in Turn 13 but I'm not fully sure, suspecting coincidence. Please look into Annex too.

Ingix

Thanks for the report, ssly!

I find the same things as you, for Inn the game apparently doesn't shuffle (card order the same), while for Annex the card order is different, even when no cards are selected to be shuffled into the deck. For the hex Famine I suspect that there is also no shuffle if all 3 cards are Actions.