(king) Throne + mascarade bug

Previous topic - Next topic

lmax

When you play a throne on mascarade with no other card in hand or in deck, you first draw 2 cards (which you do not have so you stille have no cards in hand)  then every one has to give a card to the left. You don't have any in hand so you don't give one, however the player on you right still have to give you one since the actions are simultaneous.  Then you trash one card (the only one you have in hand now, the one received from the right).
I just played a game and noticed this does not occur! Mascarade has no effect if you have no card in hand nor in you deck. It seems to me that it's an incorrect behavior that kills a very powerful strategy.

You construct a deck  with : Kings throne + mascarade+ 3 action cards (like market).
You play your 3 action cards then kings throne on mascarade. The player on your left is left with only 2 cards and you trashed the other.  Basically he looses 3 cards every turn and ends up with no card.
You can then win the game easily.
I used this strategy on the previous online version of dominion. I'm surprised that it is not implemented here.

LibraryAdventurer

Donald fixed Masquerade in the 2nd edition to prevent that pin.
This is the current official wording:
+2 Cards
Each player with any cards in hand passes one to the next such player to their left, at once. Then you may trash a card from your hand.