I don't understand loading old games

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Thicke

I don't understand the load old game feature. In theory, this seems like a great feature: I can load an old game to review what I did wrong, try new things out, etc. I expected it to work similarly to loading PGN files in chess or Poker Tracker for poker: I would be loaded into a game where I could step forwards and backwards, and if I wished I could try out new lines. Instead, I have to pick a decision number, and from there all I can do is play it forward against a bot? This seems really tedious to me. If I want to play from a specific point in the game, I need to guess the decision number. If I guess wrong, I can't step forward, but have to exit and guess again. Am I missing something? Are there commands for stepping forward that I don't know about?

Mic Qsenoch

Can't hop forward, best way to find a specific point is to load a late decision and type "/undo" in chat. This brings up dots in the log which are clickable to request an undo to that decision point.

Ingix

I agree that a way to go forward and backwards in a game, while seeing all hands etc. would be a very nice tool to have.

But technically the load game feature at the moment is just an alternative way start a game. You just don't start the game at the beginning, but somewhere in between. You can play against another human player if you want, they have to join you on the table just like for a 'normal' game.

You could use this to do something like 'What if, after trashing down, I went for another strategy.' 

jeebus

While a load game feature where you can step forwards and backwards is a good idea, the more important missing feature is the ability to just see a (correct) text log of your just-played game, and then the feature of loading old such logs.

jgoyes

I´m relatively new to the online platform. I also don´t understand old games.

The most relevant question for me right now is to know if I load an old rated game, after we finish it again the rating will be affected if playing with bots or humans?

Thanks for the help.

markus

Games against bots are never rated.
The default setting for a table is that it's unrated. Therefore, if you load a game and don't change that setting, it's going to be unrated as well against a human.

jgoyes