AI Difficulty Settings and Music

Previous topic - Next topic

keymaster607

Hey!
I mostly play against the CPU players if I'm not playing the paper game at my store. The last few games I was mercilessly slaughtered by the AI. I consider myself fairly decent (not the best) but on random setups all 3 AI will have 20+ points and I'll have NO idea how it happened... :'( Maybe I'm just not as good as I thought, but it seems like there's needs to be difficulty settings for this.
In short, maybe have a difficulty slider or have it scale to your skill level like before. Also music and sfx would be a great addition.
Thanks!
~Keymaster

WhiteRabbit1981

Hello Keymaster,
the AI is ... well, its not very good. Or lets say if there will ever be a slider, the AI as it is now will be on the very very left side of said slider.
Maybe if you can post a log of one of those games, we can tell you at which point your strategy was wrong.

Jacob Marley

I tend to lose by trying to force an engine where there isn't a good one and the bot can win with a money strategy.  if engine is good, I tend to win handily.

WhiteRabbit1981

The "Big Money Only" approach will buy its 4th province around the 15th turn. If you play an engine against Big Money, you have to build it faster than that.

https://dominionstrategy.com/2012/07/30/building-the-first-game-engine/

This guide shows the tempi of different engine approaches against big money quite nice. Its 1stEd, but that doesnt matter.