Defiled Shrine + gathering cards

Previous topic - Next topic

jaina8851

In game #9407036, turn 7, a Farmer's Market was purchased and 1VP was moved to the Defiled Shrine. I had set up this kingdom based on an IRL game, and this question came up during the game, and I'm almost positive the rules explicitly say that during game play, the VP that is gathered on a gathering card does not get moved to the Defiled Shrine after purchase. I could have misread, but it seems weird that you would ignore those cards during set up and then move the VP during gameplay.

Stef

Quote from: jaina8851 on 07 December 2017, 02:29:09 AM
In game #9407036, turn 7, a Farmer's Market was purchased and 1VP was moved to the Defiled Shrine. I had set up this kingdom based on an IRL game, and this question came up during the game, and I'm almost positive the rules explicitly say that during game play, the VP that is gathered on a gathering card does not get moved to the Defiled Shrine after purchase. I could have misread, but it seems weird that you would ignore those cards during set up and then move the VP during gameplay.

... and yet it's true. From the card text:

When you gain an Action, move 1VP from its pile to this. When you buy a Curse, take the VP from this.
Setup: Put 2VP on each non-Gathering Action Supply pile.

The gaining mentions "an Action" and the setup "non-Gathering action Supply pile".