Wall bug with VP counter

Previous topic - Next topic

jeebus

I just played a game with Wall, game 9336830. Unfortunately it can't be loaded because of an "internal error", maybe related to the bug.

I can't find this among the known bugs.

During the game, Wall was clearly influencing the point trackers, since gaining a card resulted in a 1 point reduction. But on my last turn, my score was something like 5 VP, before gaining a Province and ending the game. My opponent had something like 5 VP. Definitely neither of us had 0. But in the end screen scoring, my opponent had -3 and I had 0. Both had exactly 33 cards, giving -18 VP from Wall. I had 3 Provinces, so my score of 0 is correct. I assume his score was correct too, he had probably 2 Provinces and a Duchy. So the problem was the point counter during the game, it was somehow not counting enough minus points for Wall.

Ingix

Thanks again for reporting a new bug! Do you remember if that game had any cards that move cards around in a 'special' way, like Masquerade or Black Market, or any cards that 'store' cards temporarily somewhere else, like Archive, Crypt or Haven?

jeebus

Unfortunately I don't remember now. :(
Should have checked this thread earlier I guess, maybe I would have remembered.

Ingix

I tried a few games with Wall and some cards that do 'strange' actions (like Masquearde, which 'gains' you a card without gaining, etc.), but nothing showed up and in the end it all was perfectly accurate. This is probably something hard to recreate, if you run into that Wall (err, that problem) again, maybe make a screenshot of the end-game screen as a safety measure (if the game doesn't reload, like in this case).

jeebus