Best practice after a game with Spectators

Previous topic - Next topic

rphilip

Had an unusual experience and just wanting to make sure I wasn't acting out of line with normal "best practices".

During the second game again another player (Player 1 in log's below) a third person (Player 2) joined. After this game ended all three of us were at the table and the other two players both were ready. After a few seconds I clicked ready and were were all in a 3 player game. The first player then implied that I should have droped out after the second game. I've not been in this situation before so I'm not sure what I "should" have done. FWIW Player 1 is rated about 10 levels above me. (55 vs 45)

Any thought/comments/suggestions?

I've annotated the log in square brackets a couple of places.

Thanks

--
Joining game #1 on frankfurt.
Player 1 left the table. [I think this was just the play table to go to after end game screen]
Joining game #2 on frankfurt.
Player 2 joined the table.
Player 2: hello
Player 1 left the table.
rphilip: gg
Joining game #3 on oregon.
Player 1: its unbelievably lame
Player 1: to sneak in a third person
Player 2: restrart
Player 2: ill leavethen
Joining game #4 on tokyo. [Player 2 had left and was replaced by Lord Rat, converting this to an unrated game]
Player 1: end the game
Player 1: Rphilip - End the game.
Player 1: Okay then. Slow playing every hand to max time.
rphilip: I'd prefer you'd asked before the game started
Player 1: You didn't ask me
Player 1: you just slipped in a third person
rphilip: I was intentionally last to click ready
Player1: and started

jsh

You are not in the wrong, and there is not a protocol for this. I suggest using the automatch feature instead of tables to avoid weird situations like this one.

The person slowplaying should just be banned (message me or Stef with the username if you know it and we'll take care of it).

yed

Jsh: How do you know, that the first game wasn't automatch game?

rphilip: was the first game automatch game?

rphilip

Quote from: yed on 02 January 2018, 06:57:01 AM
Jsh: How do you know, that the first game wasn't automatch game?

rphilip: was the first game automatch game?
Initial game was via automatch.

Will PM the user info to jsh. While I didn't wait around all that long the user in question did follow through on slow playing for 2-3 decisions.

Thanks

Philip

jsh

Yeah, I can see how it would happen after an automatch. I personally never use the rematch feature, but I suppose if someone does this would come up for them.