Timing of "Game is over" message

Previous topic - Next topic

santamonica811

This is not exactly a bug, but . . .

Something that was added very recently: the newest version of Dominion now gives a 'game is over' message (inside a black box) when, well, the game is over.  At least, it does in all games with Lord Rat.  While I'm not exactly sure why this is needed (are people confused and still trying to play games after the game is actually over and done with??), I also have to admit that I can't see anything inherently wrong with this message.

But in games with Lord Rat; when he (she??) is about to win on her own turn, this "game over" message comes up just after the start of that turn.  It's really disconcerting to see this message pop up, when Lord Rat is still playing out the turn.  Is Lord Rat a psychic?  {joke}

If it's easy to code; could the timing be changed, so that the message pops up only after Lord Rat is finished with that entire last move?

Ingix

The big gain of this new 'game over' message is that players have time to look (or copy) the log. Previously players wondered what their opponent did on the last turn to win, e.g. when they were AFK for a short time or played against an AI which would *not* visually play out the last turn (as it happens now) but cut to the end-game screen immediately.

Your suggestion is a nice one, though!