News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Game Frozen

Previous topic - Next topic

gloures

Yesterday I was playing a League match against SamE and twice the game ended up freezing during my turn, I couldn't buy, play cards, or pass my turn. I tried changing Computer and Browser and the game continued in it's stuck state. Another League game of Aku Chi vs Mic Qsenoch was played around the same time and it seems like they found a work around involving asking for an undo. Unfortunately i did not think about doing that, but luckily both games were close enough to being over that there was really not much harm done.

Game numbers were

Both endgame states are saved as of the moment the freezing occurred, just after buying Inheritance in the first one, and after King's Courting a Smithy in the second one, in the second game my opponent could see that the game was frozen because the log said I played Smithy but never got to draw the cards.

I took a screenshot, but there is a video of Aku Chi vs Mic Qsenoch match where the problem is clearly visible (and much better to visualize what happened). What happened to me is exactly alike what happened to Aku Chi in the following video at the 1:11:42 mark. And they mention in chat that it had already happened previously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzEfdZXrOFs

Stef

Thanks for posting. I tried finding the cause today but so far this is illusive.

* almost certainly it's related to "corrupted administration of outstanding connections" - i.e. the chance of it happening increases if you have lots of specs in general or players reconnecting during the game.
* I didn't find the actual cause and will do a release tomorrow that increases logging around this.
* Executing an undo cleans up the administration and indeed seems to be a workaround.

gloures

Thanks for the quick response and the good work! :)

There were a few spectators in both games and in the first time it happened with me it was just after I had come back from a very quick connection failure from my end.