News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Ghost'ed Prince

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteRabbit1981

I am not 100% sure if this is a "Card Bugs" or a "Rules Question" Topic.

Game #9677863
Exorcist -> Ghost, Prince + any princed Card

I (WhiteRabbit1981) played agains Tienz.

I got a Ghost from an Exorcist. In turn 12, I played the Ghost in my night phase. It skipped through my deck until it found a Prince.
In Turn 14, I drew a Chariot Race and some other cards.

In my understanding this should have happened: I play the Prince(1) and set it aside together with a Chariot Race. Then I play the Prince(2), which I cannot set aside because it lost track of itself. As I did not set it aside, there is no effect: The card says IF set aside, THEN another card of 4-or-less is chosen.

Here is what actually happend: I played the Prince(1) and set aside the Chariot Race. Immedately Prince(2) resolved and played the very same Chariot Race.

I was not 100% sure if I maybe had two Chariot Races and accidentally clicked one. But in turn 17, my Ghost found a Prince again. To that time, I had a lot of set aside cards and was able to choose the order. I choosed to play the prince to set aside an Encampement after I was 100% sure that I have one and only one Encampenet in my hand. Prince set it aside and immediately played it.

To my understanding, this is a bug. If I am right, I would nicely ask Stef to remove the game from my and Tienz ranking because my win was not legit.

As I can do a little code myself, I have a wild guess. Ghost happens "at the beginning" of my turn, so in the phase I will now call pre-action. Prince(1) played in pre-action sets aside a card. Prince(2) checks, in the pre-action phase, if a card was set aside and plays it. I understand this could be correct from a programmers view, but in my opinion that is highly counter-intuitive.
I would love to hear the correct ruling from DXV.

markus

That should be correct: if you Prince a card at the beginning of the turn, it is still the "beginning of turn phase" and that Princed card gets played. That happened automatically because the second Prince play failed as you correctly noticed.

Ingix

Markus hit the nail on the head. Ghost (just like Summon, but that will be hard to get to apply to a Prince) allows you to play a Prince so early in a turn, that the set aside card will be played for the first time not on your next turn (as is usually the case) but right now.

@WhiteRabbit1981: On your turn 14, the Chariot Race was not played by the second playing of Prince (which did nothing, as you correctly stated), but it happened by the effect created by the first playing of Prince. You had already used up all the other start-of-turn effects, so the game played it automatically (it is mandatory).

On your turn 18, when it happened again, you actually had 2 options after the Prince was played twice (the newly set aside Encampment, and the Chariot Race from turn 14. And in my replaying of that turn, the game offered me the option to choose between the 2, see the attached screenshot. If you never had that choice, this would indeed be a bug.

WhiteRabbit1981

Quotebut it happened by the effect created by the first playing of Prince
so the first prince let me set aside a card, which happens in pre-action due to ghost AND the first prince plays the set-aside card, because there is a card set aside in pre-action?
Ok, thats better and understandable :-)
Thanks for the clarification, markus and Ingix