Game does not start when everyone is Ready when number of players change

Previous topic - Next topic

ShaiyaCat

For about the past week or so, every time I'm in a game with friends, we finish, and then someone leaves or joins the players, if anyone already pressed "Ready", the game doesn't start even after everyone presses "Ready"  Usually if every player cycles through readiness then it will eventually start.  (ie, each player has to change to Ready, then Not Ready, then Ready again).

I play on Chrome on Windows 10, but this has happened in groups with people on Macs and ipods.

markus

Can you specify "and then someone leaves or joins the players" a bit more? The usual (and wanted) behaviour is that people that were "ready" become "not ready", if table options or players on the table change, as you didn't necessarily agree to that when pressing "ready".

Do I understand correctly, that you're seeing that everbody is displayed as "Ready" in green, but the game doesn't start?

ShaiyaCat

Yes, everyone is Ready and green, but the game doesn't start.
I think its because one person clicks Ready...and then the number of players change, and the game switched them to Not Ready...but the green Ready is still displayed.

We have spent at least a minute with three people all who had green Ready next to their names and the did not start.  To make the game start each player had to change to Not Ready and then back to Ready.

Ingix

Again, thanks for the report. I have seen similar behavior in other cases, for exmple when loading a game and switching between wanting to reload it with me an Lord Rattington vs. me and another human player.