Friends do not show on Matching

Previous topic - Next topic

ShaiyaCat

Sporadically some or all of my friends do not show on Match page, even when they are online and playing.
Tonight I was in a game...two friends joined as spectators then said they were going to go play together.  My game ended, and I left the table to find & join them.  No friends showed online on match page.  I searched Tables page a bit (also annoying that only small portion of all tables are shown...if name I'm looking for isn't near beginning or end of alphabet I'm not likely to find them).   I did find a running game with one of the friend's name as host and joined as a spectator - both friends were playing.  I mentioned not being able to see them on match tab, and they asked if I bug reported it.  I left the table...and they still weren't showing on match tab. 
This particular game was 9722089
I'm on Chrome Windows 10

Ingix

Thanks for reporting the bug, ShaiyaCat.

The side-remark about the tables only showing a small amount (49 in my case) is noted, I'll ask if this is some technical limit.

Just to make sure, can you verify that you actually put those friends into your friend list?

This may be a hard to trace bug, because, as you say, it only happens sporadically.

ShaiyaCat

Yes I can verify there are friends in my friend list that sporatically do not show up.

The time that I posted about there were 2 friends that were online same time as me for about 4 hours.  At the beginning I saw them both in the friends list on Matching page & click join next to a friends name to join the table.  At some point I left the table they were both still in, and neither of them showed on Friends list on matching window, but I was able to find the table on table list.  and then later that day I had the chance to check and they showed up on the friends list on matching tab again.  It happens much more often with one more particular friend (several of us have trouble finding her & she has trouble finding us, but sometimes we do see each other).
It could be happening much more often than we realize, if a friend doesn't show as online, we just assume that perosn isn't online unless we have reason to know otherwise.

ShaiyaCat

Along with many other other issues, the friends not showing on matching happened again today.  Friends found me via matching, spectated for a bit, then left to form their own table.  A few minutes later my game ended & I looked for them - didn't show in matching, I found via tables, and joined them.  At the end of the game I got force logged off and when I logged back in they showed up in the matching page again - same friends, have been in my friend list for months.

duifje

This still happens often...very annoining. I know my friends are online but i can't find them. I hope you are still trying to restore this bug!!

mpoggas

I too have a great deal of trouble with friends not showing up on matching list or tables.  Right now I know for sure that two friends are playing but they do not show up on the match page nor is either of them listed at a table - running or not.  They were playing and waiting for me to join after I finished the game I just played.