Sauna autoplay: How excatly?

Previous topic - Next topic

Ingix

Quote from: allanfieldhouse on 18 December 2017, 06:01:59 PM
Quote from: Toshimo on 27 November 2017, 09:31:42 PM
Is Gladiator slated for Autoplay implementation?

Now that I've had a taste of Autoplay, I find myself right-clicking on tons of different cards trying to turn it on. "Okay, I'm done trashing for this game, let's set my Sauna/Silver interaction to never trash."

In my 'perfect world', I could select a list of cards I would want to trash with Sauna, and it would only ask me when one of those cards was in my hand. The list would probably start as "Curse, Copper, Estate, <Ruins>, <Shelters>", and maybe late game I would start to keep the Estates.

Donald X.

Quote from: Ingix on 18 December 2017, 07:09:26 PM
In my 'perfect world', I could select a list of cards I would want to trash with Sauna, and it would only ask me when one of those cards was in my hand. The list would probably start as "Curse, Copper, Estate, <Ruins>, <Shelters>", and maybe late game I would start to keep the Estates.
I think there will be too many exceptions, plus I really like keeping the explanatory text simple and clear. So I would just have the autoplay option be, you turn off the Sauna question, like with Urchin.

allanfieldhouse

Yeah, I also support "keep it simple".

There are a ton of autoplay options that are theoretically possible, but at some point you move away from simply providing convenience, and you move into the game actually playing itself. "If I only have two actions in hand, and I play the Throne Room, automatically Throne the other action."  or  "If I only have two actions in hand, a village and a smithy, automatically play the village."

So Sauna's autoplay should offer you the option of "never trash" or "always ask", but it shouldn't ever get into decisions based on what you'd actually be trashing.