News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Un-holy Monastery

Previous topic - Next topic

JKRich

The Monastery's been infested! Game #9699158 Turn 14 I used Monastery to trash 2 Estates and a Potion - the log showed me trashing 2 Estates and 2 Potions (I only owned 1). Turn 16 2 Estates showed up in my hand when I now only owned 3-2=1; I trashed them with Monastery and the log showed me trashing 4 Estates - I'm not sure if the log will show this part if you look at the game since I tried undoing and verifying before I resigned, but it happened. It's hard to keep a vow of silence when I got these bugs all up in my frock, ya know.

Ingix

It seems that the game handles the actual effect correctly, but incorrectly logs the double amount of trashed cards.

In turn 14, according to a reload, you trashed just one Estate, you had in your hand only one Estate. That explains the existence of 2 Estates in your hand in turn 16.

JKRich

Hmm, very interesting. Like I said, what you saw when reloading the game was not my original play but what happened after I undid several steps then tried to reproduce the problem so I may have made different plays than what I did originally. I see what you're saying and it appears as you said it does. However, today I played another game with Monastery and it again appeared to function incorrectly. Maybe it was just the log. I'll try playing while forcing Monastery into the kingdom and see what happens.

Ingix

Thanks for helping figuring this out. I'll too play with Monastery and see if anything goes wrong besides the log (which is bad and confusing enough).

Ingix

It turns out that the game actually tried to trash each card twice (hence the double log entry), which of course doesn't really do much (possibly only if the Trashed card is a Fortress). This is now fixed in version 1.3.7.

JKRich

Yeah, I guess the faulty log originally confused me and I thought the bug was more than it was :-[ :-[ :( . It's all good now.