change in how Prizes are played??

Previous topic - Next topic

santamonica811

Until recently, when I would 'hit' a Tournament + Province, I would--of course--then get to select a prize (or a Dutchy).  In the past, the card I would select would go to the top of the deck and--on that same turn--then into my hand, so it could be played right away.  I vaguely remember it staying at the top of my deck (ie, not directly into my hand) if I happened to have a fairly large hand-size at that point.

But now, the selected prize/dutchy always stays on the top of my deck, so it will be played the next hand. (Assuming, of course, I do not have a non-terminal draw card and/or a draw card and extra actions left in my hand at that point, which naturally would bring the prize into my hand in the traditional way) 

I am assuming that this change is a correction (after all, nothing in the Prizes text says that it should go to the top of the deck and then into the current hand, so I never understood why it was happening, during all/most of 2017 :)).  Was it just a bug that never got fixed before?  Another explanation???

markus

Tournament draws you a card unless an opponent reveals a Province. This draw happens after you've potentially gained a prize. Therefore, you draw the prize immediately unless an opponent revealed a Province.

jsh

The thing confusing you is that autoplay got implemented. Province reveals are happening automatically, so you aren't noticing that the blocking is happening.

santamonica811

Ah, thanks guys...that makes perfect sense.