Confusion over Familiar cards

Previous topic - Next topic

Livo

Hi, actually I have two questions, sort of linked. After New Year, I kept getting Base set games only and no Colony games. Realised I needed to get new subscription so now have Gold and all expansions. BUT still have not had a single longer Colony game since resubscribing. I realise some people won't have the Prosperity set but none??

To see if I could force the issue ( I really enjoy longer games) I went into Familiar cards and have deselected everything but Base and Propserity, set allowable unfamilar cards to 0. Have created games with and without 'wait for expansions' selected and I'm STILL getting a vast range of cards from all the expansions. And again still no colony games. Ever. What am I doing wrong? V confused!

Ingix

Sounds strange to me.

What you can do, when you start a table manually (select the "New Table" tab, then press the "Create Table" button), is to directly select if you want Conlony/Platinum. To do that, press the "Select Kingdom cards" button and in the lower left area are two buttons, one for using Colony/Platinum, the other for using Shelters. They are normally at "Random", but you can press them and change them to "No" or "Yes". If you change the button for Colonies to "Yes", your table will always use Colonies/Platinum.

Livo

Ah, that option doesn't show on my screen. I wonder if it's because I play on an ipad? I certainly have to go onto my laptop to specifically select Familiar cards, as the Expansion pages just crash everytime I access them otherwise (always says 'error page reloaded). Obviously some features are not ipad friendly (can't get sound notifications etc). May be something to mention to the developers?

Livo

Ah, I see it now,
I was on the first tab, not second for 'new game'. Have now got Colony, but deselected everything but Base and
Prosperity in the same area, and again have a game with a real mix of different expansions. Frustrating.

markus

If you use the rated automatch, familiar cards are not respected and you'd play with all cards. Colony games are rare then. You need to use "Practice Game", if you want to restrict the cards.