feedback, Dominion Offline & free subscriptions for old MF users

Previous topic - Next topic

yed

- 1. An offline client, allowing you to play campaigns against bots
Only on Android and with better bot.
- 2. A bot with a setting for different play styles
Big money X, where you can choose the X and how many of X bot should buy.
- 3. A strong bot.
Yes please.
- 4. Options for timed games
Not interested.
- 5. Options for undo settings
Better information about what will be undone (For example highlight that part of the log).
No new info undos atomatically accepted in ranked games.
- 6. Online mini-tournaments; the option to easily create one for you & your friends.
Yes please, including the format for mini-tourmaments which we had after League final match.
- 7. Option to invite specific players to your table
Yes please.
- 8. More translations (to what language?)
English is fine for me. I would use English even if Czech (my native language) would be avaliable.
- 9. Better animations when cards are gained/bought/played/...
No need.
-10. Better visualization of split piles, Archive/Crypt contents, Prince targets, ...
Yes please, I stil don't remember bottom split piles cards.
-10. Option to hide the log
Yes + chat on Android app (for phones with small screen). No need in Web wersion.
11. Android app (or just improved compatibility?)
I would like the app when there is the offline mode.
I am fine with improved compatibility until then (fullscreen using CSS: same as https://home-assistant.io/demo/ when you click to Add to Home screen in Android Chrome)
12. iPhone app (or just improved compatibility?)
No need for me.
13. Downloadable game logs
Yes please.
14. Improved moderation (dealing with chat abuse, slowplayers, ...)
Mute chat button.
Blacklist during the game.
Report to moderator inside the game with your comment (maybe question after blacklisting)
15. Tutorial on how to play Dominion
No need for me.
16. Tutorial on how to play dominine.online.
No need for me.

Red_Dawn

Here are my answers, although I don't play that much.

1. An offline client, allowing you to play campaigns against bots

Absolutely, that's really what I've been waiting for! I'd like a "normal" app, with the same interface than the web based app which is very well done. The app should be playable offline, against bots.

2. A bot with a setting for different play styles

Yes,

3. A strong bot.

Maybe, why not, although I'm not a very good player,

4. Options for timed games

Yes

5. Options for undo settings

Yes, because several times, I've misunderstood the instructions!

6. Online mini-tournaments; the option to easily create one for you & your friends.

Yes, although none of my friends will play until the game is translated in French.

7. Option to invite specific players to your table

Yes

8. More translations (to what language?)

French please!!!! Spanish also.

9. Better animations when cards are gained/bought/played/...
10. Better visualization of split piles, Archive/Crypt contents, Prince targets, ...

Not important for me.

10. Option to hide the log

Yes, I never read the log!

Yes, of course, though at first, I'd like a real iPad app.

I don't think I'll use it.

14. Improved moderation (dealing with chat abuse, slowplayers,...)

Yes, very good.

Yes, very good idea, I could use it with new players.

16. Tutorial on how to play dominion online.

Yes, for the same reasons.

As I've said before, my dream would be a real app. I like the web-based software but I'd like a real app, findable on the AppStore, with the same play interface, excellent, fast and readable, and translated into French. For all these reasons, I must admit that I don't play that much anymore at the moment.

If I dream a little further, the game could be adapted on Nintendo Switch.

Username: 2041278

Thanks for the option of extra play time. I am part of the original group and appreciate the offer. I am very pleased with the improvements you've made over the past year.

1. Yes please!! I would use an offline client if it was available and the bots were stronger
2. It would be very useful for me to learn with a bot with settings for different styles of play
3. Please make the bots stronger!!
4. I would not use the timed games as my internet is not fast enough to keep up with faster play. Bummer
5. Options for undo settings would be great
6. Mini tournaments sounds fun
7. Definitely!! I would like to invite specific players to games
8. Not needed for me.
9. I don't care about this. Sometimes the server is slow or my internet is slow and this would slow it even more.
10. Yes please!!! Better visualization of split piles is a must!!
10. I would never hide the log
11. Yes please!!
12. Yes please...an online and offline app for ipad
13. I wouldn't use this
14. I don't care about this at all
15. I would use a tutorial on specific cards that are new to me and would really like a highlight on which card combos go well with that card. Like...pairs well with...and why
16. I probably would look at this just make sure I'm not missing something but I would have really liked to have had this when I started playing!! Figuring it out as I went along was sometimes very frustrating

vansadil@gmail.com

Here are some features we have on our wishlist; please let me know if you would appreciate/use them:
Yes I would really enjoy an offline client with bots. Similar to the one Settlers of Catan uses. Campaigns and individual matches against bots would be awesome. Please make it chromebook/android friendly!

I am not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean aggressive/attack versus money versus draw mechanic? It would be nice to have bots lean different ways so you can try out strategies against different styles. You could give several bots different profiles and name and describe them.

3. A strong bot.
This is very much needed. When I was learning I thought I was awesome because it was so easy to beat bots. Then started playing online against real people and realized the bots were weak. I sometimes really want the convenience of playing against a bot for speed or ability to walk away and come back when I can. It would be nice if there was a very competitive bot.

This would be awesome. Working similar to a chess timer where each person gets x amount of time for their moves so the other person can't slow you down. Then the winner when one persons timer goes out is the one with the most points.

I would like to see more control here. Misclicks happen all the time not just in rushing. A reasonable misclick should be auto allowed where anything that allowed the person to "peek" at cards or would change strategy should require the opponent to approve.

6. Online mini-tournaments; the option to easily create one for you & your friends.
This would be a great option. I would also like to figure out how I can create tables and invite friends to play. Playing my created decks is boring against bots. But perhaps enhanced bots would help.

Yes please.

This is not as important to me. But to be fair that is because my first language is English

This is not important to me as I try to turn them off to as fast play as possible

10. Better visualization of split piles, Archive/Crypt contents, Prince targets, ...
Yes it is frustrating to not be able to see the under piles is split and it affects game strategy if someone is unfamiliar with the cards.

I like the log and think it keeps everything transparent but an option might not be a bad idea for people who would like an even more competitive game.

I am an android user both on my phone and my laptop is a chromebook. I would like to see an android app that can be used on phones/tablets. The game play seems to work fairly well online now in the chrome browser. Please let the offline version work as well or create a native android app.

NA

Interesting concept. It would not be an important feature to me but I can see the advantage and it might really help people learning the game.

Absolutely. I have wanted to change my username (another option I wish was available because I have had people talk to me in a way I did not like once they figured I was a woman, deep sigh) I have learned to just quit the games over language, suggestive commentary but I should not be penalized in my rankings because of other peoples actions. And the slow play drives me crazy. Maybe something else that could help with the slow play is a game option for different paces. For example the person who wants to play while they do other things on the internet can choose a more casual pace and then the person who gets impatient when I take more than 3 seconds to think about my moves can pick a lightning fast game style. Either way there is always abuse and people trying to use slow play to increase their rankings.

15. Tutorial on how to play Dominion 16. Tutorial on how to play dominion online.
I think one tutorial is a good idea. But you don't need two seperate ones. I also think tutorials or FAQs on new sets and or new cards might be helpful. I have helped several people learn nocturne and while I am happy to help I think people would take advantage of it. So beyond the basic here is how to use new sets and new features and even a how to improve your dominion strategy tutorial. The better everyone gets the better the games overall are.

Other Thoughts
I have been a member for a long time. I miss campaigns. I even liked the zaps :) I was sad to see the permanent game go away and the campaigns. However, I know you have added a lot and it was in many ways out of your hands. Thanks for giving us this opportunity to provide feedback and for offering additional compensation for those who have been part of the game for a long time and ridden the waves. Thank you for the hard work and for constantly updating as the new games come out.  Remember for every complaint you receive you have many other happy people enjoying this and never commenting. Keep up the good work. My  game username is KellieA

glups

My dominion username is also glups.

I've prioritized the proposed features in high/medium/low groups for my own personal preferences:

High priority
3. A strong bot.
- Not sure how difficult this would be, but it would definitely be a great feature. For higher ranked players, it can be hard to always match someone around our level quickly. The waiting can be painful and sometimes leads to forfeited games when I forget to check the Dominion tab.
4. Options for timed games.
- I would definitely use this feature. Sometimes I only have 15-20 minutes to play a game and I don't because I might not be able to finish a regular game.
- Seems like a pretty fundamental feature and low hanging fruit.
- If it existed and worked reasonably well, I would definitely use it a lot.
- It doesn't happen so often, but when it does it really sucks and can be frustrating.

Medium priority
- I will probably always be primarily an online player, but I think this would be nice for flights and other times when I may not have internet access.
- A feature that would be nice in the long-term, but I think there are others that are more important in the near future.
- Another feature that would be great in the long-term, but I'm okay with not having it in the immediate future
- I think it would really helpful to have some way of seeing which split is underneath the lower-cost half.

Low priority
- The current button seems adequate for 95% of undo cases (single-time misclicks)
- Not relevant to me as an English player
- The animations are more than adequate for me, it's not what keeps me around as a Dominion player.
- It doesn't bother me at all, and is often useful
- Not relevant to me as an iPhone user
- I wouldn't use this feature
- Not relevant to me
- Not relevant to me

lily_maeblelle

Yes, I'd like to be able to play offline, although I probably wouldn't do it super frequently.

Interesting idea. I would like to see it, but I'm not sure how much use I'd get out of it.

3. A strong bot.

Little to no interest.

Not important to me.

This is a nice feature to have but I'm happy with the way it is now.

A cool idea, but I probably wouldn't use this a lot, if at all.

This is probably my #1 wish.

Not important to me.

Not important to me.

Could be nice, but doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game overall.

This would be a nice feature.

I really miss playing Dominion on my tablet! I have a Kindle Fire.

Nope.

No interest whatsoever.

This wouldn't affect me personally.

I know how to play Dominion, so no.

I can never keep track of whether I'm the "L" in the red or in "L" in the blue, so sometimes I end up executing an action on myself that I meant to play on my opponent. It would be nice to have more robust instructions I could reference.

I'm not thrilled about having to pay for a subscription -- I'd be perfectly happy to play Dominion offline with the expansions I originally purchased. That being said, I'm very satisfied with the other aspects of the user experience and I like being able to play Dominion on the computer. I appreciate the offer of the extended subscription and I appreciate Shuffle's respect for the players.

My username is lily_maeblelle.

smittyshmee

I bought dominion online as part of a humble bundle before this new site took over. I was also under the assumption it was mine forever... ESPECIALLY given that I've also purchased physical product. Why the **** would I need to pay a subscription for a game I already own? If I'm going to be forced to pay for online, I'm not going to play anymore. Not even giant companies like Blizzard charge for their online services. I'd pay a one-time fee to continue my online services, but certainly not a subscription.

no

no

3. A strong bot.
no

no

no

doubtful

maybe

English

the current animations are fine.

the current animations are fine.

11. Option to hide the log
I glance at it occasionally, I dont thin it needs to be hidden.

12. Android app (or just improved compatibility?)
I probably wouldn't use it if one existed.

13. iPhone app (or just improved compatibility?)
no

14. Downloadable game logs
no

15. Improved moderation (dealing with chat abuse, slowplayers, ...)
I've never had an issue using the service or with any users

16. Tutorial on how to play Dominion
no

17. Tutorial on how to play dominion online.
no

username: smittyshmee

secant

Hello, my username is secant. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to provide feedback and offering to extend subscriptions. I think this has garnered tremendous data so far and would be happy to add to it. 

1. An offline client, allowing you to play campaigns against bots.
Definitely, this was something I played a lot before. While I do play regularly online as well, when there was option for offline play my overall playtime went up significantly.

This'll be cool, to play against different strategies.

3. A strong bot.
Yes, stronger AIs would make for a better experience offline.

I wouldn't use this often, but could be useful to prevent slow-playing.

Not high on my list. Having undo is always good.

Awesome! I think this'll get my playgroup to consistently join and reach the next level.

I'd use this a lot since my friend and I regularly play weekly.

Not sure. I would not use in another language.

Yes, this would make other players turns more intuitive and rely less on the text log. This would be high for me.

Similar to 9, this would be extremely useful in-game and is high on my list.

As of now, I use the log a lot since the animations/visualizations are sometimes clunky. But with the previous two (animation/visualization) implemented, it would be cleaner to not show the log always.

Would not personally use

I played a lot on iPad before so iOS compatibility would be nice.

Not high on my list, it's not really a chess annotation where you can easily review it. Seems could be long.

Haven't see this too often, so would be lower on my tier of priorities. But, if others have had this problem, then definitely should be on the list.

Not needed personally. Could be good in getting more players on.

Not needed personally

tashley2

A stronger bot(s) would be great,  I prefer playing bots due to their fast play & because they never ask for undo's,  but the current bots aren't very good & have known specific weakness.  The best chess & backgammon bots are at world championship level,  this  should be possible with Dominion.
Ideally there's no undo feature.  I really resent being presented with an undo request that reveals future information (honest mistake or not) & having to decide whether to allow my opponent to 'cheat' (because they looked ahead),  or deny & face verbal abuse (my blacklist is full of such players).  It should be automated where some requests are automatically allowed,  & not being allowed to even ask if future info is revealed (including asking when it's not your turn).  Going back multiple  steps seems ridiculous,  why not go all the way back to the beginning of the game if it's not going your way?  That stuff should be banned,  at least in rated games.
Even undo requests that don't reveal future info can be problematic:  victory cards with multipliers (Feodum, Silk Road, Gardens) can cause the victory pt total to drastically change when certain cards are obtained,  also some of the Landmarks (Keep,  Orchard, Palace) can have this effect,  these could prompt an undo request if the victory pt total doesn't change  as hoped.  Should this be allowed,  esp if it's maybe the last turn of the game & may make the difference between winning & losing?  If an undo request is denied in such a critical situation,  fair chance both players end up on each other's blacklists.  If there's no undo feature,  these  events that cause strife & bad feelings don't happen.

Fractured Nash

1) I recommend that play be timed. Some players, for whatever reason, take too long to play their hands. Because of this, I have left many games.

2) Some players are really very nasty people. While I have chosen to block them, I wonder if they have paid for the expansions or if they are just taking advantage of me having had access to all the expansions. This is not a problem for me right now. I have not renewed my membership and it makes me think twice about doing so.

3) I really like it that if I have to log out for a while that I when I come back that I can pick up on the game that I was playing before.

Fascist Octopus

Hi,

My login name is "Fascist Octopus", and the sets I'd bought were Seaside and Prosperity.

The thing I want most is more variety in the play styles of the AI. There are lots of cards that the bots tend not to use. There are several cards which the bots don't use at all, and I know that if they appear I'll completely clobber them (a couple of examples are goons and tactician, but there are also some combinations like workshop/gardens). It's a problem because it makes it hard to learn how to defend against particular cards and strategies. So for me: the most important thing is a greater range of bot playing styles.

To your particular examples:

Would be good; I really enjoyed the old campaigns, and offline access is a high priority for me.

Yes, as I've described above.

3. A strong bot.

Obviously we want the strongest bots possible. Having said that, if it were a choice between weaker bots with different playing styles and stronger bots with a narrower range of styles, I'd go for the former.

Not a priority for me.

Maybe... it can be useful in case of a misclick, but it's not a must-have.

Really important for me: a premium feature I'd pay more for.

Not an issue FOR ME, but if it would improve accessiblity, then you should prioritise it.

Really not a priority.

Not a priority in general, but a MAJOR problem at the moment is how duration cards are hidden. I shouldn't have to remember how many eg. fishing villages I played last time, when I'm working out what to respond to a Militia/Ghost Ship attacks, and I should be able to see who has lighthouses showing.

Not a priority.

Nice to have, but not critical.

Don't have an iPhone.

Not a priority.

Not an issue FOR ME, but if it's an issue, then you should prioritise it.

Not an issue for me because I'd played the physical version extensively beforehand, but tutorials are really useful in general.

Shouldn't be needed if you've got the UI right, but may be useful for issues like how rankings are calculated, ethics of play etc.

Formosare

Hi
1) offline client is a must have.   
2) bot setting okay but need an advanced AI,    I find other games evetually become boring even on expert settings
3) same as 2
4) timed games would be interesting
5) i think undo should not be allowed when a player sees new cards ,   this option would be good
6) yes for mini tourneys
7) invites not that important
8) translations not important to me
9) I think it is fine the way it is
10) ok not that important
11) yes, yes
12) yes
13) not important to me to have logs downloaded
14) yes this is needed
15) WHo does not know how to play?
16) same as above

I think that a 3 card for first player should be examined as many times first player just has a huge advantage

unger4163

Here are some features we have on our wishlist; please let me know if you would appreciate/use them:
This was one of the main reasons I bought the game and the expansion packs, to begin with, now that I do not have access to that it is hard for me to play.

I do think that having a bot that you can set the parameters on would be helpful.  That way it is not always set on an easy level it could get more challenging the more you play. Maybe even one that would match your current abilities.

3. A strong bot.
Having a Bot with varied abilities would be good.  If it was just strong and always beat me then I would lose interest and not want to play anymore

I do not like the option for a timed game. I like to be able to think through each play and try to foresee how to play future cards.

I could give or take on the undo feature.  Most card games once you play it that is the done deal, so either way, it doesn't matter.

This would be cool to have so that we could keep track of all of our games or have it best of three.  something along those lines.

I only play with people I know or the bot so this feature wouldn't be high on my list

I only use it in English and that would be all I would use it for in the future.

I do like the animations and features on the cards it makes it interesting and more story like.

I think it is needed, but as far as visualization, they need to be to the same level of the other cards

I think the log is a very valuable piece of the game and should be there always.

I have an iPhone so Android app would interest me.... but if you have the app for one you should definitely have it for both

Definitely should have an app for both platforms.

I think this could be a valuable piece that added to the game would allow for better strategy

14. Improved moderation (dealing with chat abuse, slow players, ...)
Since I only play with Bot or people I know, moderation isn't as important to me.

I think having it available would be good and could bring in new players, But since I have been playing for a while I do not see where I would need a tutorial.

Same thing as the above tutorial.  I do not see it helpful for me but for new players it could be.

User Name unger4163

RasMiCall

(Translation (in quotes) by Ingix)

Hi Stef!
Ich bin mit der Situation total unzufrieden, was denke ich nachvollziehbar ist. Von MF wurde kommuniziert, dass alle Erweiterungen bestehen bleiben. Ich überlege tatsächlich, gerichtlich dagegen vorzugehen.
Dennoch möchte ich dein Angebot annehmen und feedback geben. Ich hoffe, dass es bald eine Offlineversion, noch besser natürlich, eine Übertragung der bereits bezahlten Erweiterungen geben wird.

Grundsätzlich finde ich die "neue" Umsetzung als gelungen. Definitiv besser als die von MF.

QuoteHi Stef!
I'm very dissatisfied with the current situation, which I think is understandable. MF said that all expansions would remain. I'm actually thinking of going to court with this.
Nevertheless, I'll accept your offer and give feedback. I hope an offline version will soon exist, and even better a transfer of the already paid for expansions.
Generally I find the "new" implementation well done. Definitely better than MF's.

Wäre Klasse, weil ich öfters auf arbeit spiele und dann spontan etwas anderes machen muss.....
QuoteWould be great, as I play at work somtimes and then have to do something else at short notice...

Finde ich gut, würde es Abwechslungsreicher machen.
QuoteI like that, would make it more diverse.

3. A strong bot.B
Ja. Verschiedene Schwierigkeitsstufen wären klasse.
QuoteYes. Different difficulty levels would be great.

Find ich sehr gut, bin ein schneller Spieler
QuoteI really like that, I'm a fast player.

Bin ich kein großer Fan.
QuoteI'm not a big fan of this.

Jaaaa!
QuoteYeeessssss!

Finde ich gut.
QuoteI like that.

Deutsch bitte. Muss aber auch nicht unbedingt sein.
QuoteGerman, please. But doesn't have to be.

Brauche ich nicht. Passt schon gut.
QuoteI don't need that. Good as is.

Brauche ich nicht. Passt schon gut.
QuoteI don't need that. Good as is.

Fände ich gut.
QuoteWould like that.

Ja bitte!
QuoteYes, please!

Nutze ich nicht.
QuoteDon't use that.

Brauche ich nicht.
QuoteDon't need that.

Brauche ich nicht.
QuoteDon't need that.

Brauche ich nicht.
QuoteDon't need that.

Bruache ich nicht.
QuoteDon't need that.

Mein Username ist ebenfalls "RasMiCall"

Greetings

lehrfje

Please see below for my responses.
Username: lehrfje

Yes, this would be one of the most important things for me

Nice to have

3. A strong bot.
Yes.  in particular some of the current bots make plays that make sense.  Example 1, they might play a chapel to trash all their coppers, leaving them with not enough $$ to buy a silver or anything greater than another chapel.  Example 2, they don't pay the prizes correctly.

Nice to have.  could be fun.

OK.  currently, it is slow and sometimes unresponsive.  in particular if the undo was requested after the cleanup, it likely won't work.

Nice to have.

not big for me.

nope

maybe.  probably not that improtant.

could be good.

nice to have.  not that important.

YES, definitely

not for me.

Not needed for me.

slow players can be a problem but i can never be sure if it is a connection issue.

makes sense for new players

makes sense for new players. an optional tutorial for newly released/purchased cards might be good.

Thanks for taking the time to consider our feedback!
Cheers.

Username: lehrfje