Login  |  Register

Author Topic: feedback, Dominion Offline & free subscriptions for old MF users  (Read 4353 times)

Offline pregnantbird

• View Profile
Re: feedback, Dominion Offline & free subscriptions for old MF users
« Reply #30 on: 11 January 2018, 04:55:16 AM »
1. An offline client, allowing you to play campaigns against bots
3/5 Would be a nice bonus but not absolutely necessary. As you wrote should come after having a good bot.

2. A bot with a setting for different play styles
4/5 Should be considered while developing 3 (strong bot).

3. A strong bot.
4/5 Would be nice to test strategies! Should include an option to choose strength especially for new players.

4. Options for timed games
2/5 Nice bonus but not necessary.

5. Options for undo settings
1/5 The present way is convenient for me.

6. Online mini-tournaments; the option to easily create one for you & your friends.
3/5 Nice Idea! I would use it. Might be nice with included counter with wins/ losses and automatic alternating start player.

7. Option to invite specific players to your table
1/5 The present way is convenient for me. If this is implemented it should be developed together with 6 (online mini-tournaments)

8. More translations (to what language?)
0/5

9. Better animations when cards are gained/bought/played/...
2/5 Could help to see what the opponent is doing, medium priority for me.

10. Better visualization of split piles, Archive/Crypt contents, Prince targets, ...
1/5 Might help

10. Option to hide the log
0/5

11. Android app (or just improved compatibility?)

5/5 Absolute number one priority!! I bought an android tablet to play dominion and it's just medium fun with it. I was very happy to see that the reordering might work in the next release. I'm fine with improved compatibility like online-go.com where making a shortcut to the website on your home screen brings the perfect version without showing the browser. It confused me in the beginning a bit but is now very convenient as it does not to be maintained and it has no updates. An additional benefit of this would be that Iphones and androids would not need separate apps. If there is an app, an offline mode against a friend or against lord rat is a must!

12. iPhone app (or just improved compatibility?) &
13. Downloadable game logs &
14. Improved moderation (dealing with chat abuse, slowplayers, ...)
0/5

15. Tutorial on how to play Dominion &
16. Tutorial on how to play dominion online.
0/5 Not necessary for me. Consider that new players who would need it will not answer in this thread.

Offline Linda B

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 11 January 2018, 03:33:45 PM »
I've come to the following decision: If you are one of the people for whom "free 2017" just ended, I am willing to extend it with another half a year in exchange for one hour of your time. The short version is "provide feedback and don't forget to include your username". Longer version below. The offer stands for anyone replying in this thread in the next 10 days and is only about expansions you once bought from MF. If you already bought a subscription for (a part of) 2018, I will extend it with half a year for the appropriate expansions.
Shortest I can make it: Yes to all except 4, 6, 8, 9, and 12-16.

I do want an offline version because mostly I play alone. I'm trying to keep practicing till I can give my son a run for his investment in time. I like bots that I can occasionally beat, and that I can learn from. I don't want to be constantly stomped (I lose heart), so I'd actually rather win all the time than lose all the time because that way I at least can get familiar with the cards, and develop strategies. Whistles and bells and pretty are not a big deal to me.

I may want an online version as well when my son moves away for college or work. It is in anticipation of the day when he moves away that I invested in the MF games in the first place.

Hope this helps.

Offline afielbaum

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 11 January 2018, 04:54:35 PM »
Hi, I am the user AFIELBAUM in dominion.games
These are my answers

Here are some features we have on our wishlist; please let me know if you would appreciate/use them:
Not too important.

I dont think there is a "style" that fits each set of piles. Not important.

3. A strong bot.
Very important. Without it, the offline version is useless.

4. Options for timed games.
I would only use it to increase the rapidness of the game.

The only option i would add is to agree, prior to start the game, to always accept undo'es that are obviously an error (when you have no new information)

6. Online mini-tournaments; the option to easily create one for you & your friends.
It would be fun, not too relevant.

This would be nice

I would like a translation to spanish but it is not really relevant

I dont care

10. Better visualization of split piles, Archive/Crypt contents, Prince targets, ...
This would be helpful

Nice

It is really slow to play on android, and it is easy to select an erroneous card. An app would be ideal, otherwise, strong improvements are needed.

12. iPhone app (or just improved compatibility?)
I dont care.

13. Downloadable game logs
I dont think I would use this.

I have never used the moderation.

15. Tutorial on how to play Dominion
I dont need it.

I dont need it.

Offline MVP

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11 January 2018, 05:02:11 PM »
Username: MVP
Played on original Isotropic server and every option since

This is of no value to me.  Perhaps if I were really board on an airplane I would use it, but all of the value is in live games to me.
   There are always lots of games available, I wouldnt use a bot at all.
 3. A strong bot.
   Same as above.
 4. Options for timed games
   Love this idea, I greatl enjoy playing an engaged opponent that is quick with the cards.
   I guess this is a nice to have, but from a priority standpoint it is fairly low
   It would be great to have online tournaments.  However I wouldnt envision it as just setting it up as one for you and your friends.  There should be some structure for finding a tournament with similar skilled players.  This was done really well on internet chess club back in the day.  Adhoc tournaments and then a tournament leaderboard of some sort.
   I enjoy playing with random people, not certain I would use this.
   I wouldnt use this.
   Personally i would go the other way with this.  I always enjoyed the text based implementation on isotropic.  I would be very interested in a simplier lay out with less graphics.  The present UI looks fantastic, but for those of us that play all the time the animations and graphics are window dressing.
   Yes this would be great.  Recent changes to be aware you are under an attack duration are great.  There are still some big ones missing (having debt while on black market comes to mind as something that looks like a bug)

One thing I would really like to see added is a better in game scoring UI.  The end of game scoring update is great.  In game it would be so valuable to toggle over to that view as well.  Specifically I am thinking of when you need 3 of a card for points or to know which two cards are your highest count for the other event card.  Sure you should be able to card count it most of the time.  One of the other implementations allowed this view in game (or at least a count of how many of each card you have presently).
   Low priority, I find it quite helpful
   Good idea, but I use an iphone, see below
12. iPhone app (or just improved compatibility?)
   Would love this.  I play on the ipad sometimes, but it isnt great.  Most of the time I have to spin up an AWS workspaces app and play using their UI as if I were on a desktop.
13. Downloadable game logs
   I wouldnt use this for much, perhaps it would enable some of the more advanced metrics on other sites.  I remember seeing strength of your play with specific cards, that was interesting and I dont think it is presently being done.
   Sure this would be nice to have.

I'll add another suggestion here, I would like the option to ban someone temporarily.  There are times when I get annoyed with someone and dont wnat to play them again in 24 or 72 hours, but i don't want to add them to my permanent ban list becuase I will never remember to take them off.  Would be nice to have a timer on the ban (or permanent for the real ass hats)
15. Tutorial on how to play Dominion
   Not important for me
   Not important for me

I am just going to add a suggestion at the bottom.  I haven't read anyone elses comments (as was requested) so I am not certain if this has been suggested already.

I would really like to see real time rating updates.  Only getting