Hi Stef! My login is also yellwsub in the game. Thanks for doing this poll, and good luck implementing these new features! My top priorities are:
12. iPhone app (or just improved compatibility?)
but mostly only if it is paired with
1. An offline client, allowing you to play campaigns against bots
Since I play games on my phone on the train, where there's no internet connection. And in order for it to be really fun, I guess there would need to be either
2. A bot with a setting for different play styles
3. A strong bot.
But different difficulty levels would be really helpful since I'm not really THAT good yet Relevant to online play, the thing I care the most about by far is
10. Better visualization of split piles, Archive/Crypt contents, Prince targets, ...
since the current setup leaves me having to check the wiki for "what's under Patrician again...?"I would say many of the rest of your items fall into "sure, that sounds cool" but I wouldn't say I'm clamoring for them. In priority order:
5. Options for undo settings
This would be nice, probably I would go for auto-allow undos that don't reveal info, ask for others (which I'll probably still allow because I'm nice)
15. Tutorial on how to play Dominion
I think this would be great!
7. Option to invite specific players to your table
Eh, I keep meaning to get my IRL friends to play online. Maybe this would make that more likely?
11. Android app (or just improved compatibility?)
If you're going to have an iPhone app, you probably ought to have an Android one as well
10. Option to hide the log
If it made the game space more legible I would probably do it sometimes.
13. Downloadable game logs
I'd use it occasionally, sure.
14. Improved moderation (dealing with chat abuse, slowplayers, ...)
Dealing with chat abuse couldn't hurt. I get accused of slow playing when I'm thinking sometimes, so my main concern is that you have some process of verifying that people are really doing it to be mailicious.
6. Online mini-tournaments; the option to easily create one for you & your friends.
I don't know how often I would use this.
4. Options for timed games
Haven't really thought about this but it sounds stressful.
16. Tutorial on how to play dominion online.
How would this be different from the general tutorial?
8. More translations (to what language?)
I'm probably not the best person to comment on this.
9. Better animations when cards are gained/bought/played/...
If this is going to take a ton of your dev time, I really wouldn't worry about it
Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with!