feedback, Dominion Offline & free subscriptions for old MF users

Previous topic - Next topic

janigan

Thanks so much for the opportunity to offer Feedback. Here are my most concise responses:

1) Campaigns against Bots: Yes! Not a day goes by that I don't miss the Campaigns! Please bring them back!
2) A Bot with a setting for different play styles: Yes, I would find that a plus.
3) A strong bot: Perhaps a choice for novice to most experienced players? Myself - yes
4) Timed Games: Not for me personally
5) Undo Settings option: Yes; I would use & appreciate
6) Mini-Tournaments: Not for me personally
7) Invite specific players to a table: Yes!
8) More translations: Not for me, but would likely increase usage globally
9) Better animation when cards played: I am currently satisfied, but better animation is always more enticing to players
10) Hide Log option: Not a personal need, but might be appreciated
11) Android App: No; not for me personally
12) iPhone App: No, but iPad would be fantastic!
13) Logs could be downloaded: Yes, but not a priority
14) Improved Moderation: Not a problem for me personally
15) Dominion Tutorial: Definitely for new players! Not needed personally
16) Online tutorial: Definitely for new players! And would be appreciated for new cards / expansions, as in the hard-copy enclosures.

And, THANK YOU for the extended subscription - it's awesome to be appreciated for being a longtime player / subscriber!
Janigan

Naladina

My user name is Naladina

1. An offline client, allowing you to play campaigns against bots
YES I would use this. Its my favorite part 
2. A bot with a setting for different play styles   Yes
3. A strong bot.  Yes
4. Options for timed games   No.. but option for turn time limit noting I mostly play bots and they move fast. 
5. Options for undo settings   Nice but low on my list
6. Online mini-tournaments; the option to easily create one for you & your friends.   Yes  lower priority than 7
7. Option to invite specific players to your table.  Yes though mostly play bots
8. More translations (to what language?)  I do not need.
9. Better animations when cards are gained/bought/played/...  no issues with this so long as can see the log
10. Better visualization of split piles, Archive/Crypt contents, Prince targets, ...  yes along with outstanding duration cards in play
10. Option to hide the log  .. I use the log routinely to see what happened. If can hide would want easily accessible toggle to get it back.
11. Android app (or just improved compatibility?)   yes  would like to see for Kindle too which handles many android apps
12. iPhone app (or just improved compatibility?)  I would not use the iPhone app 
13. Downloadable game logs  Not a priority for me.
14. Improved moderation (dealing with chat abuse, slowplayers, ...)   Do not play with real people often enough to have an opinion.
15. Tutorial on how to play Dominion   low on list.. lots of alternative sources for this
16. Tutorial on how to play dominion online.  How rules differ if any  and how interface works would be nice.. Be interesting to have access to order of precedence when cards get processed....

I like the options to be able to mix and match cards to set up the games.   

Thank you.

StarShade

Some background - I mostly play with my parents or friends that I'm on Skype with. I rarely match against strangers online. I play 1-3 times a week. My username is the same as here, StarShade. As requested, I'll answer each in terms of how useful it would be to me specifically.

Here are some features we have on our wishlist; please let me know if you would appreciate/use them:
1. An offline client, allowing you to play campaigns against bots.
Would not be useful for me.
2. A bot with a setting for different play styles
Might be interesting but not a priority
3. A strong bot.
Might be interesting but not a priority
4. Options for timed games
No interest
5. Options for undo settings
No interest
6. Online mini-tournaments; the option to easily create one for you & your friends.
This could be nice, but probably wouldn't be as nice as some of the other suggestions
7. Option to invite specific players to your table
Yes, please! It's confusing and unintuitive trying to help new friends join compared to the previous version.
8. More translations (to what language?)
No interest
9. Better animations when cards are gained/bought/played/...
See next answer
10. Better visualization of split piles, Archive/Crypt contents, Prince targets, ...
In general, visual animations and intuitive layout is an area that I think could use a lot of improvement and polish. When things happen automatically or in response to other cards, my parents get confused. It might be helpful rather than splitting the prompts/choices in the log, buttons that appear to the side, and the cards themselves if it showed the causing card and the choices (with extra information in tooltips or hidden under a more info button) together in the middle of the view. The website also doesn't seem to work very well with varying resolutions. I don't always have it full screen and my dad has a much narrower monitor than most, which can cause things to be cut off. This is the biggest priority for me.

10. Option to hide the log
Not a priority, but could help clean up the UI
11. Android app (or just improved compatibility?)
No interest
12. iPhone app (or just improved compatibility?)
No interest
13. Downloadable game logs
Nice to have but not a priority
14. Improved moderation (dealing with chat abuse, slowplayers, ...)
No interest
15. Tutorial on how to play Dominion
This could be useful, it's hard to describe stuff without seeing their screen.
16. Tutorial on how to play dominion online.
Similarly to 15, this is hard to describe over Skype without seeing their screen. This could be helped with a more intuitive interface though.

stineplaysguitar

My username is Stineplaysguitar

-As long as campaign mode is on the online version, I don't need an offline client.
-This would be really cool but it is not something I need.
3. A strong bot.
-Not something I need
-If anything I would like there to be a more strict time limit per turn for players.
-Get rid of the undo option.  I think it's to lenient.
6. Online mini-tournaments; the option to easily create one for you & your friends.
-This would be cool but not something I need.
-I didn't realize this feature was missing from this version, yes that would be very good to have.
-Not applicable to me.
-I'm fine with basic animations, but I think the sound effects are more important when those actions are placed (gained,bought, played)
10. Better visualization of split piles, Archive/Crypt contents, Prince targets, ...
-Improvements could be made but I am not sure how exactly.
-Yes or make the log prettier.  The bold colors and font are a bit garish.
-Would love this.
-Would love this.
-Not necessary for me.
-Slowplayer reporting would be nice but I would be afraid of it being abused with people who just want to flag other accounts.
-Not applicable to me.
-Not applicable to me.

trader joe

Quote from: Stef on 09 January 2018, 10:33:57 AM
Here are some features we have on our wishlist; please let me know if you would appreciate/use them:
3. A strong bot.

My username is Trader Joe

Thanks for this. I'd really like to see an offline version with some decent bots.

1. Campaigns get boring for me.
2. YEs, different play styles or difficulty settings or search depth for decisions.
3. YEs, strength/ difficulty settings or search depth for decisions.
4. Not important.
5. Why not, should be easy to implement.
6. Sounds intriguing.
7. Not sure if useful but maybe.
8. Not for me.
9. Seems good enough.
10. Not for me.
11. Not for me.
12. Not for me.
13. Not for me.
14. Not sure if useful but maybe.
15. Not sure if useful
16. Maybe better help where selections are being made rather than a separate tutorial. Some options aren't intuitive, so maybe can provide more help/ clarifications for them.

Sir Dfgfdfdfggf

I had the lifetime subscription on making fun as well. I think it worked out to about $100 for a 6 month subscription for me.

Of all the options listed, the only one that stood out for me was some sort of rules for undo - I'm not sure how you could codify and regulate undo settings, but it would be cool to have something there. Maybe automatically permitting undos when no new information has been gained, or an option to filter for or against undo-unfriendly people.

Skyhigh2010

UserID: skyhigh2010

Most of my use of Dominion Online has been playing against bots.  Though I did originally play through the campaigns.  General comments at end after responding to feature list.

High priority for me.  Especially an app for iOS (iPad in particular).

Somewhat interesting idea.

3. A strong bot.

I assume that is similar to the above.

No interest.

I really appreciate having an undo setting.  I have usually been okay with the assumption that Undo reverts my last action.  However, I would appreciate an option to Undo more than 1 action (e.g., reverting BOTH the selection of the action card & the actual action in 1 step rather than 2 steps).

No interest.

No interest.

No interest.

No interest.

Not sure.  Don't think I have enough experience here.

No interest.

Possible interest.  Though I can't quite imagine how easy it would be to capture on the small screen of a phone.

iPad app -- yes.  Most of my gameplay is using iPad-mini.  Though sometimes I'll use a PC.

No interest.

No interest.

Hard to comment as I know how.

Other comments:
I sometimes want to study cards while other players are playing but the animation of the other player activity gets in the way.

filbert66

Hi Stef, thanks for the offer. I would have appreciated a notice when my (free) subscription ended. I thought something had broken in the game when it stopped giving my any kingdoms but classic.

Among the points you listed, I would like, prioritized in this order:
3. A strong bot. I like fast games, not waiting on random players. And sometimes I have to get up and don't like to make other people wait.
1. An offline client, allowing you to play campaigns against bots. Agreed that need stronger bots before this is worth delivering. I fly a lot and this would be nice.
7. Option to invite specific players to your table -- or at least only my "friends". I feel bad kicking people who join my table.

I've noticed nice improvements made to the game over time. Good work and keep it up. I think that is important given the changing rules and new kingdoms. I understand your desire to have subscriptions to pay for that and will probably pay for more kingdoms soon.

Filbert66

Polymorph

The campaigns on MF were interesting; if the kingdom choices are good then a campaign would be fun.
It would be nice to be able to practice different strategies against a different type of bot to see how strategies compete directly.
3. A strong bot.
I probably would not play a strong bot because I mostly play vs humans.
Timed games would depend on time allocated, if a time bank were used this would be fun.
More undo settings would be nice such as only undo something that did not give the player knowledge
If you could run multiple tables in a tournament with 1 set of cards I would definitely try them.
This would help me so I do not have to kick people waiting for specific players to join.
N/A to me
I don't care much about the animations if its playable.
You should at least be able to read the effect of the second card in the split piles; I don't care about the rest its generally clear but could be improved.
N/A
N/A
iPhone app with the same account would be amazing
Linkable logs would be nice
Could be nice but N/A to me
Yes this would help get friends into the game
Same as above would help get friends into the game

ankheg

I'm ankheg on the client. ;)

Hi,I'm ankheg on the dominion online.
I recently played for the first time but it is a wonderful application. I am looking forward to it. Because it is not used to
English, the expression may be funny part.

I will play even with quality like the previous goko dominion. Because I prefer offline AI matches.

It is very interesting, but if the time is going to be late, I am satisfied even at present.

3. A strong bot.
I do not need it I think that it is strong enough as it is now.

I want it. Easy to play without thinking about the opponent when the time is decided.

unnecessary. The match-up time gets longer.

It does not need much. I am mainly playing with solo play.

I want it. It makes it easier to invite distant friends to the game.

Because I am Japanese, I am happy to have Japanese.

Interesting, but it is not necessary if the behavior slows down.

I am not familiar with this issue.

11. Option to hide the log
I am satisfied with the current situation.

12. Android app (or just improved compatibility?)
I do not need it because it only plays on a personal computer.
However, since I have android, I may play if I feel like it.

13. iPhone app (or just improved compatibility?)
Same as 12

14. Downloadable game logs
Priority is low, but I'm glad

15. Improved moderation (dealing with chat abuse, slowplayers, ...)
I do not think that it is particularly necessary.

16. Tutorial on how to play Dominion
I do not need it, but it makes it easier to recruit new users.

17. Tutorial on how to play dominion online.
I think that it is unnecessary because I think that I can play intuitively if I know Dominion.

Vali1987

Hy, here my feedback:

That would be really great, because I often have no connection to a hotspot.
Its nice, but not really important for me. So it would be great to great other things before.
3. A strong bot.
The same like 2.
People here play often fast, and the others I can kick, so its ok, how it is now.
I dont like the undo option, because I play a real game we also dont allow it.
Nice, but I like tournaments for not only friends.. like the championship. Would be great if there is a monthly or weekly tournament
For me no problem if there is no option. But I dont like it if I go to a table and will be kicked because they wait for a friend.
For me german and english are ok
Its ok like it is
Its ok like it is
Not my wish ;-)
REALLY GREAT
I dont have Iphone
I dont need that
Would be nice but often the player only leave, then a moderation dont make sense
Maybe nice for new users
I didnt need that, it was clear how to play.

Dumbassador

Since i am always online i do not really need an offline client.
    Would be alright, but i would prefer a bot which adapts his play style according to the setup.
3. A strong bot.
    The stronger, the better.
    An Option for timed turns would be nice - to prevent from slowplaying. Timed games not so much.
    I would like those.
    Kinda cool, i don't need that though.
    Would be nice.
    Not needed here. English should be enough.
    Gameplay before optics here. I liked the isotropic implementation - simple but highly functional.
    Same as 9. Important is that i always know what i am doing to prevent misclicks.
10.1. Option to hide the log
    Not needed.
    I would use it.
    No Apple here.
    Not needed.
    I use it too marginalyy to need that.
    Not for me, but sure nice for newcomers.
    Same as above.

Thank you for caring and for this offer,
greets,
Dumbassador

Torvatn

Username: Torvatn

English is not my native language, so i apologize for errors. I don't need translation to my language  (Norwegian) though, as i always play the card game in English anyway.

I have already renewed my subscription and payed for it (before I saw this), but anyway, there are two things that I really want, and that is you point nr  9. Better animations when cards are gained/bought/played/... and

The thing is, I sometimes don't see what is happening. For instance, I use a lookout, and there are 3 coppers. Then the game automatically trash one, discards one and keeps one. But the point is, i don't see it, except in the log! Even if it is the only logical thing that can be done, I actually want to see it happening! I have to read the log to find out what it was, and that is irritating. same thing with card that are discarded one way or the other, I want to see them!! And yes, I want to always be able to see  archive/crypt content.

Another thing: with Nocturne, I don't know the cards so well, as i havn't play it in a real card game like the others. So when i get an Envious (for instance, it is just an example), I actually want to know what that is, but that is not possible before it is my turn. It is not possible, at least i havn't found a way. It says "You get an envious" but no explanation. I would want one!

Anne

percysnoodle

Username: Percysnoodle

I've really enjoyed this version of Dominion Online.  Thanks for making it!  I especially enjoyed the Nocturne previews - thank you for those.

To answer your specific questions:

Quote1. An offline client, allowing you to play campaigns against bots
3. A strong bot.

I'm not so fussed about offline play or play against bots.  I'm more interested in asynchronous play with friends, though I do appreciate that that's a very difficult thing to reconcile with some aspects of Dominion (esp. reactions) and with Undo.

Quote4. Options for timed games

Not fussed.

Quote5. Options for undo settings

Not sure what the options would be.  Something like "Automatically grant if no information revealed" might be handy.

One thing I found which isn't directly undo-related, but which causes me to request undo more than I'd like, is that "Autoplay Treasures" plays coppers even when it stops the player from buying Grand Market.  It would be great if it could detect when this would happen and only automatically play your other treasures.

Quote6. Online mini-tournaments; the option to easily create one for you & your friends.

Sounds interesting but I can't see myself using it.

Quote7. Option to invite specific players to your table

Yes please.

Quote8. More translations (to what language?)

As a native English speaker I wouldn't be using these, but I'd certainly approve of them happening.

Quote9. Better animations when cards are gained/bought/played/...

Meh - the existing ones are fine.

Quote10. Better visualization of split piles, Archive/Crypt contents, Prince targets, ...

Yes please.

Quote10. Option to hide the log

No thanks.

Quote11. Android app (or just improved compatibility?)

Not fussed.

Quote12. iPhone app (or just improved compatibility?)

Yes please.  (can you tell what phone I have?  ;) )

In particular, on the iPhone, I find the game almost unplayable in portrait (which I don't mind) but in landscape I find that whenever I try to buy a Province or a Gold I instead end up summoning the browser's toolbar.  So even a wrapper app that just loaded the website without toolbars and disallowed portrait orientations would be an improvement.

Quote13. Downloadable game logs

I wouldn't use these myself, but I do sometimes see analysis on DSF which might benefit from this feature.

Quote14. Improved moderation (dealing with chat abuse, slowplayers, ...)

I haven't had a problem here, but definitely one to keep an eye on.

Quote15. Tutorial on how to play Dominion

Not fussed.

rimona

Hi.

My game user name is rimona. Here are my answers:

Yes, I'm playing mainly against bots or specific friends. This would be right for me.

Don't care.

3. A strong bot.
Yes. Some AI decisions are too obvious. Some victories way too high.

Useful specifically for online games. They could become more attractive that way.

I would disable undo completely.

Yes, as said above: I prefer games against AI and against friends.

Yes, this would go well with 6.

Don't care.

Don't care.

Yes, this is really missing.

This would be good for playing on a tablet. Now I'm only playing on my PC.

Yes, that would be great.

I don't own an iPhone but I'd think it would be just as important as the Android version.

It would be nice to analyze what happened after a game is over.

Don't care.

Does not apply to me but maybe could get newbies interested. This should come along with a free or trial version of the game.

Tutorial would be good for either version.

Thanks,
-rimona