feedback, Dominion Offline & free subscriptions for old MF users

Previous topic - Next topic

haleywooster

Username: haleywooster

Features I would like to see added or improved in the online Dominion

1) ability to invite certain friends to my table
(The "friends only" spectators doesn't seem to work and I'm always having to boot people off when I'm trying to play with my husband.  I feel bad booting people)

2) easier way to add certain KINDS of cards to the dominion (it would be nice to be able to specify the number of attack cards, or number of reaction cards, number of treasures, etc)

3) separate the options for min/max events and landmarks (ie: let users set the number of events AND the number of landmarks)

4) more visibility for duration cards and tavern mat cards that are currently out

5) more visibility/better animations for cards that are discarded from your own hand during your turn.  It would make game play faster if players didn't have to read the log every time a card was discarded from your hand

6) Let users ban cards from the Dominion (this is probably my number 2 issue, after private games).

Thank you for the great game

majiponi

This is the translation of a post in Japanese subthread.

Quote from: bonkura on 16 January 2018, 04:50:47 AM
1. 希望します
2. 希望し、使用します
3. 希望し、使用します
4. 今のまま変更なしで構いません
5. 希望します(ドロー後は自動で拒否など)
6. 希望します
7. 希望します フレンドを招待しやすくして欲しい
8. 増えて欲しいですが特に言語の希望はありません
9. 希望しません
10. 特に希望します 
10. 希望しません
11. 希望します
12. 特に希望します
13. 希望します
14. 希望しません
15. 希望します
16. 希望しません

10(Piles).12. I strongly wish that.
1.6.11.13.15. I want it.
2.3. I want it, and I'll use.
9.10(Log).14.16. I don't want it.
4. No need to change.
5. I want more options; auto-denying after drawing, etc.
7. I want to invite my friends more easily.
8. More is welcomed, although no particular language I want.

EDIT: My game account is "bonkura".

kannankeril

My top priorities:

1) A tutorial on how to play Dominion so I can encourage friends and family to take up the game.

2) Bots with different playing styles and strength of play.

crazycatlady

From "crazycatlady"
I particularly like the option to pick your own cards.

1. An offline client, allowing you to play campaigns against bots;

I don't play campaigns, so not interested. It was more difficult for my level and I didn't know what was going on most of the time.

2. A bot with a setting for different play styles:
that would be helpful for new players as well as advanced.

3. A strong bot:
I am not advanced, so not important to me.

4. Options for timed games:
I would not utilize this option.

5. Options for undo settings:
Yes. for instance I don't want to listen to the music, but will have music going in another window.

6. Online mini-tournaments; the option to easily create one for you & your friends.
That might be fun, but I usually play bots

7. Option to invite specific players to your table:
yes. I have done this.

8. More translations (to what language?)
This wouldn't benefit me, but might be useful for other individuals.

9. Better animations when cards are gained/bought/played/...
the current one is fine.

10. Better visualization of split piles, Archive/Crypt contents, Prince targets, ...
I don't think this is necessary. 

10. Option to hide the log:
yes, it might be distracting.

11. Android app (or just improved compatibility?)
Don't care as I just use the home computer.

12. iPhone app (or just improved compatibility?)
again don't care as I just use the home computer.

13. Downloadable game logs
Not interested.

14. Improved moderation (dealing with chat abuse, slowplayers, ...)
I havem't have to use a moderator, I just quit when a player was deliberately slow. But still important to have available.

15. Tutorial on how to play Dominion:
Yes, I have recommended people to get online to play, so it would be handy to people that don't know how, or well.

16. Tutorial on how to play dominion online.
yes. Rather than just pushing buttons for those that are worried about score/ ratings.

Deaks

I really enjoy the online Dominion, but do have a couple of suggestions for improvements:
- the main issue I have is that I find the animation of the player mats is difficult as is the view of duration cards. Anything that sits outside of the main 5 card hand in play is quite hard to see. For example, if you have played two or three Fishing Villages in the previous turn, but don't remember which, you can't see how many you've played. You also can't easily see, for example, how many cards you have on your Native Village mat. I would prefer if the design of the screen in Dominion.Games was a closer match to the way cards are actually laid out on a physical table when playing these more complex versions with mats and durations.
- I'd also prefer a better android phone version as it's quite difficult to see based on the current design. It's also difficult when playing with cards that you don't know well, as you can't right-click to get a closer look at particular cards.
Regarding your questions:
1. An offline client, allowing you to play campaigns against bots; this would be great
2. A bot with a setting for different play styles: yes, good for offline play which I do a bit
3. A strong bot: I find the bots strong enough as is!
4. Options for timed games: a very good idea. I get the feeling that some players deliberately stall when they realise they're being beaten with the hope you'll resign in frustration and they'll still be able to record a win. This would be a good strategy to deal with this type of player.
5. Options for undo settings: unimportant for me
6. Online mini-tournaments; the option to easily create one for you & your friends. I'm not sure I'd use it much, but not a bad idea.
7. Option to invite specific players to your table: I wouldn't use this
8. More translations (to what language?) I only speak English
9. Better animations when cards are gained/bought/played/...yes, definitely. The look of the game is important to me
10. Better visualization of split piles, Archive/Crypt contents, Prince targets, ...yes, definitely. See my initial point above which fits with this I think
10. Option to hide the log: this would only work if the animation was better. At the moment, I need to use the log to make up for some of the poor animation. It would be a good test of how good the animation is if you can properly play the game without the log.
11. Android app (or just improved compatibility?). Yes, see my point 2 above,
12. iPhone app (or just improved compatibility?). I use android.
13. Downloadable game logs. I wouldn't use this.
14. Improved moderation (dealing with chat abuse, slowplayers, ...). I use the lightning bolt to just block people, which works fine
15. Tutorial on how to play Dominion: not necessary for me
16. Tutorial on how to play dominion online: not necessary for me

della

Hi! I definitely enjoy playing Dominion online, and thanks for this. My username is della, and yeah, I had the Making Fun version. Let's go through your proposals, and in the bottom a few ideas of mine!

Quote from: Stef on 09 January 2018, 10:33:57 AM
1. An offline client, allowing you to play campaigns against bots
2. A bot with a setting for different play styles
3. A strong bot.

I don't know if you can have a bot that plays as well as a humans do. At the moment, I remain a bit skeptical and not very interesting in playing against bots (but the "continue with bots" option is genius, thanks for that!)

4. Options for timed games

YAY! Personally, I'd like the timing to be not very strict, I like to have ample time to think.

5. Options for undo settings

YAY, again! I'm all for giving free undos as long as you don't get new information.

6. Online mini-tournaments; the option to easily create one for you & your friends.

YES! And, maybe, the possibility of inviting somebody for free a few times or for a small amount.

7. Option to invite specific players to your table

Yes.

Not really interested.

10. Better visualization of split piles, Archive/Crypt contents, Prince targets, ...
10. Option to hide the log

Yes, these look useful.

ABSOLUTELY YES FOR ANDROID.

15. Tutorial on how to play Dominion

Not very interested in this.

One thing that I'd love to have would be (like I've seen in other online card games) the list of cards in the deck/discard.  I really hate having to remember, or go through the logs, to find out which cards I could hit with, e.g., wishing well. Just tell me what's there, although I obviously don't know the order...

Thanks a lot!
matteo

theodopolus

Yes personally I would use this when on the tube and occasionally when on holiday somewhere with little internet access.
Never thought of this but yes would make offline/bot play more interesting
3. A strong bot.
Yes definitely. There are so many basically daft things the bot does all the time that need to be cleaned up first. A whole bunch of cards which the bot uses so badly there's no point playing against it if they come up (Tournament, Contraband, Bank)
If it stops opponents from playing very slowly in multiplayer yes
Never thought about it. The current ones seem to work well
Yes this would be brilliant
Yes definitely- needs to be easy way to find your friends and have a game with them
No not bothered by animations at all
Yes there are a few visualizations which are impossible to see particularly on a phone
Wow yes playing on a phone does now work but its pretty tricky and you have to rotate your phone regularly as you can't see the log in landscape and can't see how many actions you've got left in portrait...
DOn't own iphone
I guess so but never wanted that yet
Not relevant to me but would be useful to many including me introducing my friends
Yes as above

SAStats

Hi Stef,

My Username is SAStats. Like others here I was disappointed when my son's gift that was purchased for me on the old MF site went away. His Christmas present to me this year was a full year's subscription at dominion.games. I am responding to your generous offer of extending the subscription for half of a year.

I enjoyed this on the old site and it helped me to learn the cards. I did not enjoy the story line that went along with it.

I would use this to hopefully improve my play.

3. A strong bot.

Yes, eventually.

Not important to me.

I like this feature at dominion.games and utilize it when playing bots to see exactly how certain cards work.

This could be fun, but not a priority.

This is my highest priority! When I play live people, I would like to be able to invite family and friends. I still am not sure how to accomplish this at dominion.games.

I only speak English. On some other game sites that I play on I can hoover over a message that was written in a different language and it will translate the message for me. This is VERY helpful in communicating with players around the world.

This would be nice but not a priority.

I would like this very much.

I would never hide the log.

I still use a flip phone so does not apply to me.

See above.

I probably would not use this.

I have not had any issues with this at dominion.games.

This helped me a lot when I started at MF.

This also helped at MF.

Thank you again for listening to our feedback.

SAStats

Linda B

May've been said above (TL;DNR) but I'd like to see:

* The ability to replay the last game's cards selections
* Ability to save decks

Thanks for extending the offer 6 months and for all your consideration of players' needs.

olafphysics

username: olafphysics

Despite some card glitches and slow responses, the game has improved greatly over the year.  Thank you.

I like playing against other people.  Unless there is some goal or story, I would not play an offline game against bots.
Since I usually do not seek bot games, I don't need to explicitly set a bot playing style.
3. A strong bot.
Sure, although a bot difficulty determined by rank is more appealing to me.
I at times get distracted by children and even though it is poor form to purposely play slow, I would not seek out timed games.
If it keeps the process simple, yes.
I like this, although I don't seek out any certain people to play.
I don't see myself using this but if it helps the people that resign immediately when they see the opponent over and over, I like it.
The more players, the better.  I will only play in English.
Yes, as long as it does not slow down the process and make the interface more complicated.
Yes, this would be helpful.  What ever would be available in a card game.
I would not use.
Yes!  I unusually played on my android through the app.
12. iPhone app (or just improved compatibility?
Yes!  I sometimes play on my iPad and it is usually very slow through the web page.
13. Downloadable game logs.
I would not use.  I would like to better see the log on the end game screen.
I have not had much problem with this lately but more improvements are always welcome.
15. Tutorial on how to play Dominion.
If if gets more new players.  Yes.
Sure.  If it get new players and more baseline skill.
----------
olafphysics

nikon.sevast

Hi Stef. My user name is nikon.sevast. Thank you for the generous offer and the update on your progress. I really appreciate your dedication and interest for players needs and concerns. I also think the online client has improved much over the year. Here are my thoughts on the matter:

Since i don't play dominion a lot and i usually play with bots my top priorities are:

1. An offline client
3. A strong bot.

An offline client with a reasonable bot would be great, i don't care for campaigns.

Another important issue is
Archive/Crypt/Haven, etc. contents, yes there needs to be a way to see that. I don't care about split piles.

And lastly
I would like to see the log after the game or at list be able to download it from somewhere.

majiponi

This is the translation of a post in Japanese subthread.

Quote from: zferry on 16 January 2018, 02:43:45 PM
Hi Stef and Majiponi. Thank you for kind proposal.
Let me answer in Japanese.

My dominion online account is "zferry"

特に不要、希望しないものは飛ばします。

1. ストーリーモードでAIと対戦可能な、オフラインのクライアント
是非欲しいです。ストーリーモードは、ドミニオンのカードの使い方を覚えるようなものもいいですが、
強いAIとのフリープレイも欲しいです。

2. 異なるプレイスタイルが設定されているAI
3. 強いAI
金プレイ、ドローステロ専門など、ある程度速度モニタになりそうな手を取ってくれるAIもあると
嬉しいです。

5. やり直しの設定のオプション
次の山札の情報が見えていたらNGとかのオプションがあるといいですね

6. オンラインの小大会 - あなたと友人で簡単に大会を楽しむためのオプション
トーナメントと、集まって人数を適当に3~4人のグループにわけて、多人数戦をしてくれるオプションがあるといいですね

7. あなたの卓に特定のプレイヤーを招待するオプション
希望します。

9. カードアニメーションの改良
軽さ、速さを選べるとよいです。

10. 分割カード、資料庫・地下室の内容・王子の対象などの表示の改良
11. Android版 (または互換性の向上)
13. ログのダウンロード
これは是非お願いします
特にログのダウンロードは、あるとうれしい

以上です。

Hi Stef. Thank you for kind proposal.
Let me answer.
My dominion online account is "zferry"

I'll skip what I don't want or need.

1. Offline client - enables me to play campaigns
I'd love to play with storyless campaigns with a strong bots as well as tutorials of each card.

2. Bots with different playstyles
3. Strong bots
Bots which can be indexes of gamespeed, such as no-Action Big Money, Smithy Steroid, are nice, too.

5. Undo option
An option disallowing undo after revealing something is great.

Options for tournaments and dividing to 3-4 to enjoy multiplayer games is good.

7. Invitation option
I want it.

9. Card animations
Simplicity and velocity should be chosen.

13. Downloadable log
Please. I'd love to have them, essentially log downloading.

That's all.

pucchi

game account: pucchi

Need
2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 12, 13, 14

No need.
1, 6, 8, 9, 11, 15, 16

Irina_Phoenix

Irina_Phoenix - same name

VERY IMPORTANT
3. A strong bot.
NO
I LIKE THE CURRENT ONE
NICE, BUT NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT. Would be especially nice to have them among people with similar ratings.
OBVIOUSLY NEEDED - VERY IMPORTANT, as well as a 'friends only' option
UN-NEEDED. I'D PREFER LESS FLASHY ANIMATION AND SMOOTHE OPERATION
JUST MAKE EVERYTHING CLEAR AND INTUITIVE. This has improved a lot. 
YES, not having this option is annoying, and damages viewability.
(See below)
SO -  An app would be preferable, and the visuals on the current browser version, while accessible with mobile, are pretty unplayable unless your screen is gigantic. (FTR I have an iphone). However, if cross-type playing would not be possible in an app, then perhaps improving a mobile site to be more viewable would be preferrable.
With specifics on in-person play? Don't think that's needed.
PREFERABLE AS OPTIONAL PART OF CAMPAIGN MODE, esp as free version to introduce/teach new players.

I also agree with another user who commented that they don't like the automatic actions taken by cards - for example, to trash a copper or a certain card when that's all that is available. The animation of the cards and actions shouldn't "get away" from a player. You should be able to clearly see what's happening. This could be especially difficult with new players.

I also agree it would be nice to have a "replay with this Kingdom?" option.

Overall, I just want a clean, easy-to-follow play experience, where I don't have to worry about accidentally doing something.

A "casual" timing option for games might be good, when people have time to wait between turns. I often play with bots instead if I'm doing other things, but it might be nice if similar people could play with each other, expressing a mutual lack of concern for hurry.

======

FTR, I still fee it's bad business to buy the rights to something and dump the contract with those who have already paid for it. If you bought out a bank, would it be okay to contact all the current clients and tell them they have to pay an activation fee for the accounts they already have? No. It's bad business. If we paid for ongoing use of the cards we purchased, and you purchased the rights from the company who had that agreement with us, you purchased it as-is. I'm just very upset, and I haven't voiced this before. And having an offline version is not the same as all. The main reason I bought those cards is to play with my friends who I can't play with in person, because they live far away. Why can't you just give us access to the cards we fairly bought and have the option to purchase the newer ones? You could bring in ad revenue and have an option to purchase add-free? There are lots of other options than to just anger a loyal fan base by pulling the rug out from underneath them. I'm not saying you haven't considered that, but these are the things that I think of that make me angry and disappointed and just not want to even deal with all this.

stickbricktrick

I have enjoyed my Dominion online experience since it was first gifted to me a few years ago. Like many others, I did not realize that my subscription would end as this was not properly communicated when purchased. With that being said and understanding the current situation, I do offer the following feedback:

I would appreciate this more than anything else on the list, mainly because the server was so hard to get into. An offline version would alleviate a lot of frustration from trying to log on.

This would a lot of fun to play around with.

This would be appreciated to help know what cards are in what piles, without trying to memorize them.

I may have missed this in the settings, but I would appreciate an option to turn off animation when playing bots, to speed up the game. Thanks.

My username is stickbricktrick