feedback, Dominion Offline & free subscriptions for old MF users

Previous topic - Next topic

vinay

Oh, one important thing I forgot to request: please do something about the ability to see/select cards when you have a giant hand or are looking through a lot of cards in the trash/discard. Right now it's very hard to see which card you're selecting - need to guess by the thin part of the image on the left and its cost.

One simple solution would be to display the card name when you hover over it.

QueenLaura2

Hello.  Apparently AOL does not allow your emails through via your links.  After 3 days of trying, I'm using a backup email on gmail. 

My Dominion Online ID is QueenLaura  (not QueenLaura2)
I used a new ID for this because of the email problem.

I had bought most, if not all, the expansions.  Maybe not the Events and possibly the one before it.  Things got too complicated in the last 2 expansions.  I also paid for promo cards.

Here is my feedback.

1. An offline client, allowing you to play campaigns against bots - Yes, this is my preferred method of playing.

2. A bot with a setting for different play styles - Yes, the original was like this and it was okay, but had a few flaws.  It was easy to predict what they would do.  It needed more conditions on their choices in the bot programming.

3. A strong bot.  -  Always a good option, though preferably not the only one.

4. Options for timed games - Not necessary for my playing.

5. Options for undo settings - Yes, this is appreciated.

6. Online mini-tournaments; the option to easily create one for you & your friends. Maybe, but anything that I would put as a priority.

7. Option to invite specific players to your table.  Yes, that would be nice.

8. More translations (to what language?)  -  I'm just using English.

9. Better animations when cards are gained/bought/played/... It is a bit wordy.  Maybe an outline format would work better.

10. Better visualization of split piles, Archive/Crypt contents, Prince targets, ... -  I personally hate the event cards and struggled to get a game where they were not selected, even when I opted for zero, it occasionally still put them in.

10. Option to hide the log  - If you don't want to see the log, just put up the trash.  No problem here.

11. Android app (or just improved compatibility?) - Not applicable.

12. iPhone app (or just improved compatibility?)  -  Don't use my iphone for Dominion, the screen is too small.

13. Downloadable game logs -  Not necessary for me.

14. Improved moderation (dealing with chat abuse, slowplayers, ...) -  Hasn't been a problem for me.

15. Tutorial on how to play Dominion.  A previous program had an awesome tutorial.  It told a story as it introduced the new cards and explained the background of the card.  I enjoyed that.

16. Tutorial on how to play dominion online.  -  Same answer as 15.

Thank you, again.

Aldominion1

Hi Stef,

Thanks for taking the time to seek feedback.  Dominion is my favorite card game, so I do enjoy having a digital version.   :)

In terms of improvements, the top priorities for me are:
- an offline version for those long haul flights
- a strong bot to play against (with user set difficulty)
- a bot with different play styles (ideally which would self select for the cards available)
- keep up the good work on moderation on abusive players.  I am glad to say I have not had much difficulty with this, but it is not fun when it occurs

All of the other items you mentioned are nice, but not as important to me.

A couple of other comments:

- I sometimes have difficulty playing on my ipad when I have created a hotspot to my phone.  Sometimes the game will hang up, with my screen indicating that it is waiting for the other player, when in fact they have made there turn and the game is waiting for me.  This has occurred several times, but only when using a hotspot (same ipad at home on wifi is fine)

- Sometimes when the game ends, it is not always immediately obvious what triggered the game end.  It would be great if the end of game screen clearly indicated this.

- the game can at times be very slow to load up after log in.  The start up time seems to be highly variable (with all other variables the same, play device, connection etc)

- For some particular card sets there is big advantage in having 5-2 coppers in a starting hand, rather than the more common 4-3.  For rated games, maybe it could be an option to make sure both players start the same?  (I realise this is not in the original rules, so will not appeal to some, but would make some games fairer)  Just a thought.

Thanks again
Aldominion1

tadolu

username: tadolu

I want to use Base and Intrigue removal cards without rating game.
For example "Woodcutter", "Adventurer".

I want 4, 6, 7, 10(Better visual), 13.

Chris is me

I've been generally satisfied with my Dominion Online experience. It's hard to remember just how much better things have gotten, so I watched a few videos from MF dominion to compare. Decisions are much faster, misclicks aren't fatal, in general the game experience is tailored toward a fast competitive experience. For my use case, I'm largely happy.

These missing features are the most important to me:

1. Full kingdom view - I really, really like being able to read all of the text of all of the cards at once. It's much easier to see if the kingdom has +Buy if you can scan the whole board for the words "+1 Buy", for example. I also think this would make the game more accessible to new players, who currently need to scan each card one by one. Anyhow I really miss this and wish it was back.

2. A log you can access / download after a match without needing to reload a game. While loading games is fantastic, I often just want to share the results who a friend or read over a few turns quickly.

3. Better mobile support - honestly I don't necessarily need an app, I just want the online client to display decently on my phone, and to hide the address bar on iPhone / iPad (this is possibly a simple fix, actually).

The rest of the features on your list are mostly nice to haves rather than strong needs for me, though better visualization of set aside piles would be nice for a lot of reasons, and I would like there to be some sort of tutorial to show friends and new users.

If you need any more feedback from me let me know

majiponi

This is the translation of a post in Japanese subthread.

Quote from: hakase on 17 January 2018, 09:07:35 AM
username is hakase

1. ストーリーモードでAIと対戦可能な、オフラインのクライアント
希望する
2. 異なるプレイスタイルが設定されているAI
希望する
3. 強いAI
AIは弱くても構わない
4. 対局の制限時間のオプション
使用しない
5. やり直しの設定のオプション
3回以上連続でやり直しを要求できないようにして欲しい
6. オンラインの小大会 - あなたと友人で簡単に大会を楽しむためのオプション
使用しない
7. あなたの卓に特定のプレイヤーを招待するオプション
希望する
8. 他言語への対応 (何語に対応するかも書いてください)
希望しない
9. カードアニメーションの改良
希望しない
10. 分割カード、資料庫・地下室の内容・王子の対象などの表示の改良
希望する
10. ログを非表示にするオプション
使用しない
11. Android版 (または互換性の向上)
使用しない
12. iPhone版 (または互換性の向上)
あれば使用する
13. ログのダウンロード
最優先で希望する
MF版と同じくweb版が望ましい
14. 報告機能の改良 (チャットでの侮辱、遅延行為などの報告用)
希望する
15. ドミニオンの遊び方のチュートリアル
希望する
16. ドミニオンオンラインの遊び方のチュートリアル
希望する

上記の項目外ですが、リザインせずに回線を切断するプレイヤーの対策をして欲しいです

username is hakase

13. I want it the most. An viewer on the web, as well as goko, is better.
1.2.7.10(Piles).14.15.16. I want them.
12. I'll use it if it is.
5. Disallow repeated undo requests (more than twice).
3. I don't care even bots are not strong.
4.6.10(Log).11. I don't use them.
8.9. I don't want them.

17. Penalty for disconnecting without resigning is needed.

Lord_Snow

(Translated by Ingix)
In german:
generell:
50€ im jahr sind viel zu teuer. für 50€ bekomme ich ein aktuelles computerspiel für immer, von daher passen die relationen nicht.
Außerdem ist sowohl das interface, wie auch der log sehr, sehr unübersichtlich, so dass man schwierigkeiten hat den zug des gegners zu überblicken und seine taktik darauf anzupassen. (isotropic war mit seinem log am übersichtlichsten, aber auch goko war da noch übersichtlicher)
Und eine anpassung der optionen wie sound und sprache sollte auch wärend einer partie möglich sein. (wenn man auf deutsch spielt ist es blöd sich über die karten zu unterhalten, wenn der gegenüber nur den englishen namen kennt)
Auch wäre es schön manche optionen wie 'siegpunktzähler' oder 'mit kolonien' vor dem spiel auszuwählen

50€ per year is way to much. For 50€ I can get a new computer game to keep forever, so the relations don't fit.
In addition, the interface as well as the log is very, very confusing, so one has problems understaning the opponent's turn and adjust one's tactics (isotropic had the most understandable log, and even goko was better than this)
Adjusting options like sound and language should be possible during a game (when playing in German it is hard to talk about cards if the opponent only knows the English names).
It would also be nice if some options like victory point counter and colonies could be selected before the game.

Zu den fragen:
1) Fänd ich super, alleine um die Karten einer Erweiterung kennen zu lehrnen
Very much appreciated, just to get to know the cards from an expansion.
2) macht sinn
makes sense
3) macht sinn
makes sense
4) nichts für mich, aber mehr auswahl ist meistens besser
not for me, but more choices is often better
5) Die rückgängig funktion ist richtig scheiße implementiert. man weiß nie für was man nun ein rückgänig erlaubt, hat mein gegenüber außversehen seine aktionsphase beendet, oder ist er mit den karten die er gezogen hat unzufrieden? Und wenn man ohne rückgängig spielt werden spieler zum teil sehr, sehr ausfällig. Warum macht ihr kein automatisches rückgängig bis zur nächsten information die aufgedeckt wurde, so wie es in alten umsetzungen war?
The undo functionality is implemented really shitty. You never know for what action you are allowing an undo. Did my opponent accidentally end his action phase, or is he not content with the cards he drew? If you disallow undos, some players can get really abusive. Why don't you do an automatic undo until the next revealed information, as in old implementations?
6) gute idee
good idea
7)Ja, das fehlt und ist richtig nervig. wenn man mit freunden spielen möchte muss man ständig andere spieler kicken, bis es zum spiel kommt.
Yes, that's missing and can get on one's nerves. When you want to play with friends you always have to kick other players until the game can start.
8)Übersetzungen sind immer toll, aber ich hab keine ahnung woher die spieler kommen, von daher: keine Meinung
translations are always good, but since I don't know where the players come from: no opinion
9)zu viele animation schaden der übersicht.
To many animations diminish clarity
10a)ja, bei geteilten stapeln sieht man die zweite karte nicht, generell, sehr unübersichtlich
Yes, on split piles you don't see the second card, generally very confusing
10b) der log ist für mich sehr wichtig
The log is very important for me.
11 +12) wäre schon cool, wenn ichs auch auf meinen handy (android) spielen könnte. (geht im moment nicht)
Would be very nice if I could play on my (android) mobile (can't at the moment)
13)ja bitte, ich möchte aucgh auf alte spiele zugreifen können
Yes, please! I'd like to access old games.
14) schwierige frage aber evt. schon etwas mehr
Complicated question, but maybe a bit more?
15) ja wäre für neueinsteiger interesannt und mit ner offline version kann man damit auch karten und erweiterungen vorstellen
Would be interesting for newcomers and with an offline version you could make cards and expansions known.
16)liese sich gut mit einem offline tutorium und offline kampanien verbinden.
Could be combined with an offline tutorial and offline campaigns.

EDIT: Username: Lord_Snow

majiponi

Quote from: nuun on 17 January 2018, 10:24:58 AM
user id:nuun

1. 使用しない MFでもまったくストーリーはやらなかった
2. まあまあほしい
3. まあまあほしい が、AI戦はただの一人回しようにしか使わないからそこまでいらない
4. そんなにいらない
5. ほしい 一度やったサプライをaiとやって練習したい
6. いらない
7. いらない
8. いらない
9. いらない どうせ早送りする
10. そこそこほしい
10. いらない
11. まあまあほしい アンドロイドは使ってないけど友達を誘いやすくなる
12. 一番欲しい よくsafariで縦画面にしたり横画面にしてボタンを頑張って探して苦しみながら遊んでいる
13. いらない
14. いらない
15. いらない
16. いらない

user id:nuun

1. I don't need it. I didn't play any campaigns when MF.
2. I want it.
3. I want it a little for practicing.
4. I don't need it so much.
5. I want it. I want to practice Kingdoms I saw with bots.
6.7.8. I don't want them.
9. I don't want - I'll skip.
10(Piles). I want it.
10(Log). I don't want.
11. I want it. I'd like to invite my friends who doesn't play Dominion.
12. I want it the most. Playing by phone is very inconvenient.
13.14.15.16. I don't want them.

majiponi

Quote from: yoshiyoshi on 17 January 2018, 01:39:02 PM
user id:meromero

下記の項目が、我々が検討中のものです。あなたがそれを望むか、あるいはその機能を使用するかどうかを書いてください。
1. 希望
2. 必要なし
3. 希望
4. 必要
5. あると良い
6. あると良い
7. あると良い
8. 必要なし
9. 無くてよい
10. 無くてよい
10. どちらでも良い
11. あると良い
12. あると良い
13. 無くてよい
14.必要
15. あると良い
16. あると良い

制限時間とは少し違いますが、一定時間操作をしなかった際に負けとなる(遅延行為を防ぐため)
ような機能がほしいです。

user id:meromero

1.3. I want them.
4.14. Needed.
5.6.7.11.12.15.16. I prefer they exist.
10(Log). Whichever is ok.
2.8.13. Needless.
9.10(Piles). I don't need them.

17. Letting lost for non-operating for some minutes I want to disallow delaying.

xuur30

I've come to the following decision: If you are one of the people for whom "free 2017" just ended, I am willing to extend it with another half a year in exchange for one hour of your time. The short version is "provide feedback and don't forget to include your username". Longer version below. The offer stands for anyone replying in this thread in the next 10 days and is only about expansions you once bought from MF. If you already bought a subscription for (a part of) 2018, I will extend it with half a year for the appropriate expansions.

------

hi there!, im a 47 years old player, i've been playing magic the gathering since 1993, and from this day i've never find another card game that was interesting... or at least, that could beat magic.
until one of my friend show me dominion.

from my point of view, dominion is an awsome game, part strategy, deck building, logic... and luck
there are my feedback that can help you in amelioration for this game:

1. An offline client, allowing you to play campaigns against bots
-sure! it would be very cool to play this game on vacation where there is no internet

2. A bot with a setting for different play styles
-awsome
3. A strong bot.
-absolutely, the kind of bot you use on the first version of the game, when there was the campain
4. Options for timed games
-yep, too much player take way too much time to play their turn
5. Options for undo settings
-NOOOO! once you've played it's too late
6. Online mini-tournaments; the option to easily create one for you & your friends.
-wow, sure
7. Option to invite specific players to your table
-kind of message that this table are for fast, and experiments players
8. More translations (to what language?)
-french
9. Better animations when cards are gained/bought/played/...
-this version seem ok
10. Better visualization of split piles, Archive/Crypt contents, Prince targets, ...
-again good idea
10. Option to hide the log
-no, it help too much for the back log
11. Android app (or just improved compatibility?)
-sure
12. iPhone app (or just improved compatibility?)
-good idea
13. Downloadable game logs
-not for me
14. Improved moderation (dealing with chat abuse, slowplayers, ...)
-very useful
15. Tutorial on how to play Dominion
-ok
16. Tutorial on how to play dominion online.
-ok

thank for this great game.
by the way, i've just bought another year extension before reading the thread.

psauberer

Here are some features we have on our wishlist; please let me know if you would appreciate/use them:
I play Dominion exclusively against bots, so this would be welcome.

I would enjoy this as well

3. A strong bot.
Very important

Don't care.

This would be good. There have been some occasions where I've made mistakes and wished I could undo.

6. Online mini-tournaments; the option to easily create one for you & your friends.
Don't care.

If I ever start playing with real people it would be nice but I doubt if I will do that.

I'm good with English.

Not important to me

10. Better visualization of split piles, Archive/Crypt contents, Prince targets, ...
That would be helpful

Not priority for me

I might use this

I wouldn't use this

Not a priority

Not a priority

Not a priority

Not a priority

My username on the game is also psauberer. I had purchased all expansions and promos available.

Thanks

Jeb

My personal preference when it comes to playing Dominion is 2-player Dominion against human opponents. I'm not particularly interested in campaigns mainly, I think, because I'm not playing against a human opponent. I'm playing against a bot. And while I can't begin to imagine how difficult it might be to construct these bots, I feel like they can be optimized to have the best strategy and to practically always win. To that point, I guess having bots with different skill levels might be an interesting option  in that you can somehow gauge your progress as a player.

I remember watching SCSN playing timed games a few years back. It's a neat idea. In a sense, it's like adding a sort of landmark. I'd be up for that option.

Options for undo settings... if you mean that perhaps some actions can't be undone, I'd be up for that. Clearly when you gain new info, you shouldn't be allowed to request an undo.

The option to have mini-tournaments is an interesting one. While I enjoy the game-play of Dominion, I find the "in-between games" somewhat lacking.

An inviting option would be interesting, especially during tournament play. As I'm not playing in any leagues right now, I wouldn't care that much for that particular option.

Although English is not my first language (French), I am quite satisfied with having Dominion in English only.

I wish there was better animation when, for example, you need to top-deck a card (courtyard, fugitive, etc.) or trash a card, such that it would be clearer what need to happen at that stage. I like the enchantress pig...  I wish there was a better indication of available reserve cards (especially at the beginning of one's turn (ex. Teacher, ratcatcher, transmog)... I tend to be forgetful...  :-D

I'm not sure how to properly deal with Archive but yes, it would be nice if the contents would be more accessible/visible.

I like being able to see the log, personally. And the trash pile.

I sometimes play on my phone... it "works" but it's very tedious.

As far as downloadable game logs are concerned, I don't know that I'd be that interested in them. However, I remember with MF, I think, you could see the graph of the points/turn. I thought that was really neat and it would be fun to have.

As far as moderation is concerned, my experience with 99%+ of players is fine. If I have a bad experience, I just blacklist them at the end of the game.

Tutorial on how to play? Or tutorial on how to improve? Tutorial on certain topics, cards, etc. All would be interesting.

Keep up the good work,

Jeb

matthewrt

For me, my #1 request is an Android app.  I've given my $0.02 on the other items you mentioned.

Here are some features we have on our wishlist; please let me know if you would appreciate/use them:

I would really like this!

Yes, this would be very useful for testing various strategies.

3. A strong bot.

Not as important as different styles.

I'm not personally interested in this.

More-so for offline games.

I like the idea, but probably woudln't use it myself.

Yes, this is a good idea.

As an EN/FR speaker I'm not sure how important this is.

I turn off all animation for speed.

What you have now seems fine.

Yes, especially for small screens.

Yes!  This would increase my chance of continuing to subscribe 100%

I personally don't have any Apple devices.

Nice idea, but not a priority for me.

Sounds expensive. ;/

Yes.

Yes.

ben latraverse

Hi Stef,

For me, I play very often to Dominion and I appreciate the new version of Dominion, more than the old version on MakingFun. (the new expansions get out faster :D)

For me, my best wishes are :

1. To get the record of Win - Lost - Tie for the 2 players game.
2. And the possibility to play in a "fast tournament", like with 10 players, you play 5 or 10 games, and the best record could win the tournament. (an example)

And about your questions :

1. I don't want an "offline client".

2. Yes, it could be interesting to have a good "bot" with a setting for different play styles to practice.

3. Yes, it will be nice to get a "strong" bot.

4. I'm not interested.

5. I'm not interested too.

6. Yes, I want that very much.

7. Yes, it's a good idea.

8. Yes, maybe in French.

9. Not necessary.

10. Maybe on the split pile. Sometimes, I don't remember what is under the split pile.

11. Yes for Android. I'm using sometime my tablet, and I can see differences on the Android, like I'm not able to see the description of the cards and the events.

12. No for the iPhone, I don't use it.

13. Not interested.

14. Since few months, I think, usually, the users are good, since your cleanup that you did in fall.

15. No tutorials.

16. No tutorials.

Thanks.

Username : Ben Latraverse

Carson Mu

1. An offline client, allowing you to play campaigns against bots /

This would be cool, I like campaign mode.

That would be a lot of fun, being able to test your style against specific others.

3. A strong bot.

I like being able to challenge different levelled bots.

Yes that would be good.

I would like maybe an option to ask the opponent if they can undo?

Sounds fun.

Definitely.

Not needed for me.

Not necessary for me.

Yes

Seems like a good idea to me. 

Absolutely!

I prefer if it was an iPhone app but really either would be awesome!

Yes I was a big fan of those with MF.

Haven't had a problem

Yes

Yes